Small tattoo ideas?

marfil98

Hey everyone, I'm thinking of getting a small (about an inch around) tattoo to fill a gap between tattoos that bothers me :2_grimacing: I'm thinking something along the lines of what's in the picture, but would love to hear some ideas.

image.jpeg

IMO i think you should lay off getting tattooed for a bit - your other tattoos - aren't even healed yet. honestly, adding a load of fillers is not the best thing to do right now.

but when you do fill the gaps (one day) in your current pieces, I think a snake winding through would be rad - snakes are great for filling awkward gaps. 

I would definitely agree that you should wait. First, let the 5 tattoos that you've gotten in the last 3 or 4 weeks heal. Second, take the time now to think about your long-term concept of what you want it all to look like when you're done. Do you have an idea for a unifying concept (as you did for the last 4)? Are you looking to stick with American Traditional? Are you, perhaps, interested in creating a unified look that might ultimately include sleeves or a back or chest piece? Just placing a random filler tattoo now might ultimately prevent you from a more completed look later and seems rash to me at this point.

Given your reactions to the first 5, wait! Plan. Research. Discuss. IMHO, you are just leading yourself down the path of ultimate disappointment.

8 hours ago, Devious6 said:

I would definitely agree that you should wait. First, let the 5 tattoos that you've gotten in the last 3 or 4 weeks heal. Second, take the time now to think about your long-term concept of what you want it all to look like when you're done. Do you have an idea for a unifying concept (as you did for the last 4)? Are you looking to stick with American Traditional? Are you, perhaps, interested in creating a unified look that might ultimately include sleeves or a back or chest piece? Just placing a random filler tattoo now might ultimately prevent you from a more completed look later and seems rash to me at this point.

Given your reactions to the first 5, wait! Plan. Research. Discuss. IMHO, you are just leading yourself down the path of ultimate disappointment.

As always, you guys are right, I should wait a while longer, it's just that for some reason I can't wait to get back in the chair! :7_sweat_smile: But, I do understand that tattoos aren't something that should be rushed, and now that I think about it, if I'm not sure what to get I probably shouldn't get anything for the time being. Instead I'll focus on planning the next one and enjoy looking at the ones I have. And yeah, I should probably wait to have a few larger pieces before adding filler. Thanks guys.