Art imitates life? Thread

I notice that Margot Robbie, the actress playing Harley Quinn'c character from the movie Suicide Squad had a tattoo on her abdomen, just above the pant line which read "Lucky You". 

acaf814305641c00772a4e97f56c63eb.jpg

Harley-Quinn-Lucky-You-Tattoo-Suicide-Sq

il_fullxfull.814692037_is5l.jpg

Thing is that Tattoo is actually on a Popular Tattoo Model, I have seen her on the cover of several Tattoo Magazines, just flipped through a stack and did not see her, don't remember her name but other astute tattoo trivia - forum members will probably be able to find out. 

Here it is, just found her pics from the internet...

0c89779235e7fd5cacea9ac61aed33e5.jpg

lucky-you-tattoo.jpg

Point is, what do you think about it when Art imitates life like this?

Also this thread can hold other instances of such examples....

Edited by Charles.M

@Charles.M

I'm pretty sure  Margot Robbie doesn't have those real tattoos ,it's just for the movie.I think the only real one she has is a tiny anchor on her ankle.

and who  cares if other people have similar tattoos anyway ?  like was said,it's probably very common.

there are probably thousands of women who have that tattoo there.

Edited by Dan

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

@Charles.M

I'm pretty sure  Margot Robbie doesn't have those real tattoos ,it's just for the movie.I think the only real one she has is a tiny anchor on her ankle.

and who  cares if other people have similar tattoos anyway ?  like was said,there are probably thousands of women who have that there.

Those Tattoos are fake for sure (only for the character the actress is portraying), what I am pointing out is that a real Tattoo model's Tattoo on her stomach has been imitated into a movie character's fake tattoos, (for the character), hence Art imitates life. Imagine meeting someone with a complete copy of your tattoos (whether real of fake), it would be like meeting a doubleganger. Maybe this is a trendy tattoo that I just missed and only was aware of it on that specific Tattoo model who kept appearing in Magazines, especially the covers, I mean that is one of her identifiable features, with all the hair and make up and costume stuff... I would not recognize her otherwise... 

6 minutes ago, oboogie said:

They aren't real.

agreed.

Another example is Mike Tyson's face-tattoo in 'The Hangover 2', but that was a comedy, specifically making fun of people who copy stars tattoos...the joke was pointing it out blatantly.

c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636.jpg

the above example, of Harley Quinn's character I provided, seemed to me to be something different, if it is a moot point, ok...

When I was at a Tattoo convention in Calgary, I met this guy with a full back Tattoo by Grime. It was awesome, but, he was super cautious of people with cameras around taking pictures of his back. The way he saw it, and explained it to me, was that it was his tattoo art designed for him by Grime and he did not want to see 10 bad copies of it appearing all over the internet. Trendy tattoos are one thing, then there is something else...thought I would share and read other peoples views on the subject. Thanks.

I guess one has accomplished something when their tattoo that they are known for (I noticed it) has made it's way to popular culture....then starts a trend. Did the cover model get the tattoo cause it was trendy or started the trend. Which came first the chicken or the egg?

i never understood why somene would get bummed out if someone else had the same tattoo - i have a sailor jerry octopus and a basic pharoahs horses tattoo that you can find in any shop and probably tattooed on many many folks - but...who cares

Edited by marley mission