Tattoo of the Month starting November 1st

Iwar

Hey folks,

Okay, so it took a while, but I'm going to try to get this off the ground come November 1.

I'm thinking themes, like several of you suggested (Examples: Japanese back piece, daggers, girl heads, fine line b&g etc). How about "fillers" for our first contest. That sound cool? 

The following is my suggestion for new rules. Please speak up if you have any suggestions for changes.

The tattoo picture that gets posted in this thread for "Month/Year" will be submitted for polling of Last Sparrow's Best "(INSERT THEME)" tattoo. This is all in good spirit and fun of course. The submission process opens on the first of the month and ends on the 20th of the month. After that there will be an open poll for one week, which will close on the 27th, and the tattoo with the most votes wins.

Your tattoo picture must be posted in this thread (both tattooers and tattoo customers can win) in order to qualify.

• Include with your photo/post...tattoo artist name & tattoo shop.
  • You MUST be the one who has the tattoo or did the tattoo.
  • It MUST be a finished tattoo
  • It must fit the theme of the contest (obviously)

• Iwar pinned this topic

I'm suprised that the contest is coming back at this point as it seems like activity is down quite a bit and the thread activity that is attended to has some real dumbass content - anyway - i'd say no on a theme like fillers - too hard to decide what filler is - to me filler is when really heavily tattooed folks get small tattoos to 'fill' the gaps - how many heavily tattooed people are still on this board - just my two cents 

2 minutes ago, marley mission said:

I'm suprised that the contest is coming back at this point as it seems like activity is down quite a bit and the thread activity that is attended to has some real dumbass content - anyway - i'd say no on a theme like fillers - too hard to decide what filler is - to me filler is when really heavily tattooed folks get small tattoos to 'fill' the gaps - how many heavily tattooed people are still on this board - just my two cents 

Noted. Lets try to start with a broader category, and see how submissions turn out.

This works for me because I'm getting a tattoo on Oct. 30th. I'm getting something to "fill" a sad gap between other tattoos on leg but I'm not sure it will be small enough to be called a filler by the definition above. It will be close I suppose. Either way, the timing of this is perfect and I think (in general) that having submission dates and then voting dates is a great idea. 

On 10/16/2016 at 6:28 AM, marley mission said:

nice to see such a positive attitude towards this ! way to go ! laughing-smiley-016.gif

On 10/16/2016 at 4:17 AM, Iwar said:

Hey folks,

Okay, so it took a while, but I'm going to try to get this off the ground come November 1.

I'm thinking themes, like several of you suggested (Examples: Japanese back piece, daggers, girl heads, fine line b&g etc). How about "fillers" for our first contest. That sound cool? 

The following is my suggestion for new rules. Please speak up if you have any suggestions for changes.

The tattoo picture that gets posted in this thread for "Month/Year" will be submitted for polling of Last Sparrow's Best "(INSERT THEME)" tattoo. This is all in good spirit and fun of course. The submission process opens on the first of the month and ends on the 20th of the month. After that there will be an open poll for one week, which will close on the 27th, and the tattoo with the most votes wins.

Your tattoo picture must be posted in this thread (both tattooers and tattoo customers can win) in order to qualify.

• Include with your photo/post...tattoo artist name & tattoo shop.
  • You MUST be the one who has the tattoo or did the tattoo.
  • It MUST be a finished tattoo
  • It must fit the theme of the contest (obviously)

I think it's a great idea,thanks for doing this,and I get the "filler" part,that's easy.I like the entire thing,let's do it !

and to all,let's not take it too seriously,it's just a silly fun contest.

@Dan i wish this place was more than it is but it aint - lets be honest - now - if you remember the last month of the contest - there were only 4 tattoos entered - no categories mind you - and that was the reason that it was cancelled - because even then - when we had way more solid contributions and participation than we do now - even then - there wasnt enough interest in the contest to actually warrant continuing it - jus sayin

Edited by marley mission

• 2 weeks later...
  • Iwar unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Iwar pinned and unpinned this topic

On 11/19/2016 at 2:20 AM, zetroc said:

Girl heads, skulls, reapers, daggers/swords could all be really cool. Would also be neat to see a weird stuff contest. 

All good calls. I hadn't really thought about reapers. I also like "weird stuff" and would be curious with almost something that open.

I'm not religious at all, but I think Jesus heads or Virgin Marys could be cool.

I'd love to see the namakubi tattoos people.

Hand tattoos (on hands, not of hands).

Rose morphs.

Eagles.

Rock of ages.

Mandalas / geometry

55 minutes ago, suburbanxcore said:

All good calls. I hadn't really thought about reapers. I also like "weird stuff" and would be curious with almost something that open.

I'm not religious at all, but I think Jesus heads or Virgin Marys could be cool.

I'd love to see the namakubi tattoos people.

Hand tattoos (on hands, not of hands).

Rose morphs.

Eagles.

Rock of ages.

Mandalas / geometry

+1 this. Something different. :)