Darren24mma

Help ! Weird peeling on new tattoo

Recommended Posts

Hi guys,

Got my hand / forearm tattoo'd last Thursday ( 5 days ago) it has just started peeling but lots of big chunks are coming off and there appears to be no ink underneath. i have had numerous other tattoos but never have seen this ! 

Anything to be worried about or nothing that cant be sorted in a touch up session?

Cheers for any replies !

IMG_1041.JPG

IMG_1042.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had dropout on tattoos and it usually had to do with location - my knee for instance - i'm not a huge fan of the touch up thing so my advice would be to accept the dropout as a part of this particular tattoos 'personality' 

of course you could also visit the artist and see what they advise - they might want to touch it up but like i said i wouldnt sweat it - particularly if the rest of the piece is to your liking - most often we look at our tattoos much closer than anyone else would ever care to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Darren ... just leave it alone and let your body do its thang to heal. Hands are stressful to heal. When I got my hand done it looked like I had the flesh eating disease for a couple weeks and was really stressed out about the ink drop outs and scarring. And then once the rough healing period was over it was fine. So relax, baby your paws for a few weeks and let the tattoo be a tattoo. Cheers bud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The reason the wrist peels differently is because there is usually more flexibility to that particular skin, the area being a joint, which needs super stretchy skin so you can move the wrist. Keep the area good and moist, like bongsau wrote, baby the area and wait 6 weeks before passing judgment or deciding on what to do next. I agree with what marley mission wrote also, you may not need any touch up at all, further to that, your Epidermis, (which is the outer layer of your skin), might have been thicker there any way (unless you had been to a spa recently and got a skin peel, lol), and is only more noticeable, because you are focused on that spot.

Wrist skin peels thick in my experience.... time will tell.

Hope this helps. alleviate some stress...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my thoughts on hands - though mine arent done - are that its an area on your body that has been exposed to the elements probably as much as any other body part you have and that over the years that skin has been through alot - i relate this to how my lower arm tattoos are some of my toughest healing spots - i grew up at the beach and i think at 45 years old the skin on my lower arms is just 'beat' - definetly some of my hardest areas to heal - not to mention you are looking at these spots all day - you know the saying - 'can a watched tattoo heal':3_grin:

Edited by marley mission

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the replies guys. 

Here is an updated picture. It appears all the movements on the hand is not doing the tattoo well ! Will take your advice and care for it as best I can until fully healed and then decide where to go with it. The artist who done it is a cool dude and will be sure to help me out! 

IMG_1070.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Darren24mma said:

And for anybody who wants to know, here is a photo taken right after completion last week:) 

IMG_0809.PNG

Nice tattoo! I experienced similar peeling/fading on one of my tattoos, it wasn't quite as bad, but it still looked really faded. Two weeks later, the color's returned and it looks fine. I'm no expert but it might just be part of the healing process. Worst case scenario you might need a touch-up, but I doubt it. You should ask your artist though. For now just try to relax, let it heal and hope for the best. Good luck and I hope everything works out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Darren24mma said:

Thanks for all the replies guys. 

Here is an updated picture. It appears all the movements on the hand is not doing the tattoo well ! Will take your advice and care for it as best I can until fully healed and then decide where to go with it. The artist who done it is a cool dude and will be sure to help me out! 

IMG_1070.JPG

the peeling is normal but the ink fall out not so much,and I don't think it's a matter of hand or wrist skin,IMO it's more the tattooer's application of the ink in our skin.

I have both my hands done and yes they peel like any other tattoo,but there is no fallout of ink at all on either hand.

hand tattoos can  possibly fall out close to the sides by the palm or knuckles,maybe.

here is my hand tattooed in Feb/2016 never touched up,shot tonight

handr.jpg

here is my other  hand tattooed in Aug/2016 never touched up,shot tonight

handl.jpg

Edited by Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, bongsau said:

Hey Darren ... just leave it alone and let your body do its thang to heal. Hands are stressful to heal. When I got my hand done it looked like I had the flesh eating disease for a couple weeks and was really stressed out about the ink drop outs and scarring. And then once the rough healing period was over it was fine. So relax, baby your paws for a few weeks and let the tattoo be a tattoo. Cheers bud

Hey mate, Thanks for the advice ! puts to mind to ease a bit, i have had other tattoos done and never seen this kind of peeling / ink dropout so it had me a bit weirded out. Will just nurse it and see how it goes once fully healed ! Cheers - Daz

Edited by Darren24mma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Charles.M said:

The reason the wrist peels differently is because there is usually more flexibility to that particular skin, the area being a joint, which needs super stretchy skin so you can move the wrist. Keep the area good and moist, like bongsau wrote, baby the area and wait 6 weeks before passing judgment or deciding on what to do next. I agree with what marley mission wrote also, you may not need any touch up at all, further to that, your Epidermis, (which is the outer layer of your skin), might have been thicker there any way (unless you had been to a spa recently and got a skin peel, lol), and is only more noticeable, because you are focused on that spot.

Wrist skin peels thick in my experience.... time will tell.

Hope this helps. alleviate some stress...

Hey Charles, appreciate the reply. I will take it easy and nurse it for the next couple weeks until fully healed and hopefully we won't have much touch up work to do ! 

Thanks mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recent Posts

    • Tylenol is not a blood thinner, it should be fine to take before the tattoo, the best things you can do before a tattoo is mentally prepare for it, put yourself in a pleasant place in your head, perhydrate the day and night before and get a good nights sleep, eat a really good healthy meal right before the tattoo, bring sugary candy and water with you to the tattoo, I bring skittles and M&M's, I also bring a banana to eat half way through, eat a little candy throughout the tattoo, it will make you feel better. don't forget to turn the sounds off on your phone during the tattoo,like the ringer and text alerts, it's the polite thing to do.  
    • I like the new guy's style, too.  Highlights and some outlining added to the top might help it, applied by the right person. Print out a photo and have him show you what he's intending.  I don't know about the Tylenol question, but I doubt it'd help much. It's just a sensitive area and it's gonna suck. 
    • Some time ago I have posted a tattoo that the guy screwed up. The tattoo is going to be "repaired" guy said that he needs a full session to make it look good.  Meanwhile he is doing me this to join both tattoos together there will also be colours like orange eyes and pentagram and flames around the horns.  But I couldn't last the whole session so he only finished the contours it was painful much more than the chest.  The only place I had a bit of relief was the middle of my belly.  So here is the question is Tylenol ok to use before the session.     And could you give me any personal opinion what do you think about this idea of tattoo.  Is it going to work I mean the top tattoo is kind of more realistic style and what is going to make on my belly is not going to be so much realistic. Personally I really like his style and the idea to put a bit of life to the top tattoo with colours but would to hear some honest opinions.   Thanks.  Pawel. 
  • Last Sparrow Tattoo Sponsors

  • Instagram #LastSparrow

  • Recent Topics