De-Lurking...

Jamie D.

Greetings! I've been lurking for months, and figured maybe it's been long enough to start getting creepy. So, here I am, all registered and introducing myself. I'll try to keep it shortish (I tend to be long-winded in text). 

I've always been fascinated by tattoos, and got my first one as a gift for myself just after my 18th birthday (very conservative parents - no way would they sign off earlier). It was done by a popular local shop and I was pleased at the time, but it did not age well (as no small lettering in another language will), and I got tired of translating it for people pretty quickly. Lesson learned. It was on my right shoulder blade, and I got two more done before I stopped tattooing in my early 20's. My then-boyfriend/now-husband is not a big fan of tattoos. 

Jump forward 20 yrs, and my husband encouraged me to go ahead and get another tattoo if that's what I wanted. I think he realized I wasn't just going to stop thinking about it. I warned him that if I started again, I probably wouldn't stop, and still waited until my 40th birthday to get my fourth tattoo. That was nearly 2 yrs ago, and I've gotten five more since (plus my first one covered up, so six), with an appointment for another tomorrow. They make me happy. :-) 

Here are the most recent pieces (all on my forearms except the snake/quill, which is on my right outer calf)...tomorrow I get a lace/rose piece of some sort (won't know exactly until I get there) for the opposite side of my skull cameo forearm. I'm pretty excited to see what the artist (Andrew Hauck/Ghosts of Grace Tattoo Collective) has drawn up for me! 

Thanks for letting me join - nice to "meet" you..

.SkullCameo.jpgGrasshopper_Ladybug.jpgEarl.jpgElwood.jpgRattlesnake.jpg

Erwin.jpg

Edited by Jamie D.
Clarify extra photo.

Thanks all. :-) Andrew Hauck has done all my recent work (everything you see here), SStu. I should have clarified that. He does excellent work, and what he draws up is always far better than the basic ideas I give him to start with. 

My new one to tie that right forearm together is...well, just amazing. I'll post a pic as soon as I can take the wrap off and wash it up...