Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Posts

• So, I got pretty ill — along with the rest of my family — the day after my last tattoo. Fever, snot, puking, the whole lovely picture. 🙂 My artist advised me to stay hydrated, eat healthily, take vitamins, and see what happened, oh, and not to take NSAIDs. Despite this sound advice, the healing process went really weirdly, and now after two weeks, I feel hard scar tissue bits in multiple parts of it. I'm wondering if other folks here have had a similar experience with getting ill right after a tattoo (not "tattoo flu", but just plain old ill), and how their tattoo ended up healing over the long term? 
    • Tattoos certainly don't have to have deep meaning.  If the curious ask you what they mean just tell them "It means I like tattoos". 
    • Don't do anything. Of your original 5 tattoos, you've had two covered up and now you are looking to do even more coverups. This is just a recipe for disaster. Your skin isn't a piece of paper, you can't just keep erasing and starting over. Every time you tattoo, laser or cover up, you are traumatizing your skin and creating more scar tissue. I have two sleeves, back, chest panel and a piece that goes up my right leg to connect with my back/chest. Not a single tattoo has any meaning other than I like the imagery. Just my opinion, but a lot of that 'meaning' nonsense comes from watching too much LA ink and these other tattoo shows where people claim this big long sob story about why they are getting the tattoo.  Take some time, a lot of time, before you do anything; otherwise you're just going to make it worse.
  • Last Sparrow Tattoo Sponsors

• Instagram #LastSparrow

• Recent Topics