Intro & Quick Question!

Miranda

My name is Miranda! I'm 21 and in the process of starting my sleeve. I have a quick question for you guys regarding the healing process of my newest tattoo. First off, this will be my tenth and I've properly taken care off all with no issues. This last one seems to be giving me some trouble. It's been healing for a little over a week now and I've never had this sort of scabbing before. The only thing I did different on this one? Did not wash it when I got home that night but washed it the morning after instead (I was exhausted and mindlessly forgot). Any reason it could be scabbing like this and maybe some advice? I'll be super bummed if it comes out looking a mess. The first photo is after it was freshly done. The second is tonight. Thanks!

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender2.jpg

Edited by Miranda

Welcome, Miranda! You are much more experienced than I am - but it seems that the majority or your scabbing is where green ink was applied. It could just be your skin's reaction to that specific color of ink. My last tattoo had some scabbing - my first didn't - and I followed the exact same routine for aftercare as I did the first so it's probably not anything you've done. Just follow your routine...and leave those scabs alone!!! I bet it will look great when it's healed.

1 hour ago, Rob I said:

That doesn't look like scabbing. It looks like the peeling skin mushed together and formed a bit of a blob. Give it some time. 

Nope, it's definitely scabs. That area never started to peel and they're rock hard :/ 

Thanks though! 

3 hours ago, Devious6 said:

Welcome, Miranda! You are much more experienced than I am - but it seems that the majority or your scabbing is where green ink was applied. It could just be your skin's reaction to that specific color of ink. My last tattoo had some scabbing - my first didn't - and I followed the exact same routine for aftercare as I did the first so it's probably not anything you've done. Just follow your routine...and leave those scabs alone!!! I bet it will look great when it's healed.

I never even thought of that... I was curious as to why it only happened in that one area. I figured it was from excess shading or a heavier hand, but never did think of the ink. Thank you! Here's to hoping it comes out okay :)

5 hours ago, Devious6 said:

I agree,some inks will react differently on different people,looks like normal healing.

and welcome Miranda ! action-smiley-069.gif

Edited by Dan