Bump in tattoo?

marfil98

Hey everyone, I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I got a tattoo around 3 weeks ago and from the day I got it I noticed a small bump in it, but left it alone thinking it would go away on its own. Three weeks later it's gotten slightly bigger. The rest of the tattoo healed just fine. Any ideas/advice?

IMG_7053.JPG

• 1 month later...

I have. It's all from the same type of red ink, which I think was Eternal Deep Red. It's an allergic reaction and your body is trying to push it out, but your skin is sealed. Sure it's a bit annoying, but it's not dangerous. A couple of my friends who are tattooers saw it, and this is what they told me. I haven't experienced it with any other type of red.

So my advice is to not get any more tattoos with that specific color used, and notify the tattoo artist so that they'll be aware that some people react to it.

Well, it's been two months and it had gone down a bit, but not completely. It seems to be shrinking slowly though. Again, that bump was not on the tattoo when it was first done so God only knows what happened. It doesn't bother me though, actually when I do notice it I cant see help but remember what someone on here told me "The panther just scratched deeper there" :8_laughing:

IMG_8103.JPG

• 1 year later...

I had something really similar happen to some red ink. It raised for about a month and then just became an itchy dry patch. I'm pretty sure it's my body rejecting it, luckily a majority of the tattoo was black so I'm not all that concerned. More annoying than anything. In my case the artist was mixing his own inks. The shop couldn't even tell me what was in the mix. I haven't gone back. Been tattooed since by a new artist with no problems.