Lyric tattoos

Flippa

Hey guys, so I've started an american traditional arm, which will hopefully have a lot of music related pieces. Wondering if anyone wants to share so g lyrics they've gotten to compliment their art? 

I'm thinking about getting a zippo lighter with the words 'long as I can see the light' after the creedence song. Although I'm concerned people may mistake that for a religious deal, but ah well its not and its for me.

Also planning a guitar with 'simple man' and a 'sympathy for the devil' tat. 

Also can anyone tell me how to post outside the initiation forum? All of my other forum options are greyed out?

12 hours ago, oboogie said:

You have to engage on other threads for a while before you can post in other forums.

I have some Johnny Cash lyrics and John Lennon lyrics incorporated into my tattoos.

Oh ok cheers :) 

That's awesome, I'm a big Cash fan, which of his lyrics have you got?

I have lyrics from Hot Water Music, Jawbreaker, and Minor Threat on me.

The HWM ("Live your heart and never follow") and Jawbreaker ("Yell it out before it kills you") are a little longer than I would go now. I got them when I was pretty young, and they're a little cluttered. I still love them, but I wish I'd approached them a little differently.

The Minor Threat one is just "Out of Step" in a banner around a dagger/rose. I'm pretty sure it's in my gallery.

12 hours ago, Tornado7 said:

I have four lyrics tattoos, but none of them contain words. That's too literal...

I'm working on filling my left arm with U2 songs. I have more ideas than arm though.

I may add one word over my shoulder, 'love' in Bono's handwriting.

i like the idea of having images representing song lyrics instead of having the lyrics themselves

that said, i also have "imagine" in John Lennon's handwriting on my wrist.imaginelyrics.jpg

I like music tattoos, but like others on here I'm not as into text as I used to be.  Finding an image that somehow represents a band/album/lyric will go much further in the long run.  That being said, good looking script or traditional text can look real nice and complement an already awesome image...

• 2 weeks later...