Snake and Celtic cover up

Makar

Just had some line work done in the sunny Highlands of Scotland to cover up a 20yr old snake and some random Celtic flashes.  It's a big raven that's going to have a good bit of leaf and flower colour surrounding her in neo trad fashion  I note that four days in, the lines in my upper shoulder neck area have blown a bit.  May heal a little better but I'm trying not to stress and think that the colouring will sort it out... The area was a bit nippy and maybe my skin, maybe the depth, who knows.  I think it can be remedied in the completion - she is a big black bird after all.  Fun and games.  Colour going in on the 19th.  Quite excited about having this large raven shoulder with me!  

Stephen

IMG_0349.JPG

IMG_0351.JPG

@Makar also,I have a neck tattoo that had the same kind of blow out in that exact area,blowouts can happen to anyone anywhere on their body by even the best artists.

if you look at mine,there is only blowout at the bottom 1/3 where that soft thin skin is.

but like I said,that area is notorious for blowouts.it is what it is,I stressed over it at first,but I'm ok with it now.I think me trying to have it fixed would only make it worse.

mine is worse than yours I think.

eartattoo2.jpg

eartattoo4.jpg

Edited by Dan

It worries me a bit about the colour going in on this area but now that the tattooist knows what this patch on me is like, I am hoping for a decent outcome.  The raven's dark nature also helps I think but I would rather have crisp lines on the outside edges and not going much further up the neck.  It could get a little shading on the wing edges there which would maybe do it.  We'll see - it's only four days since the line work was done.  It may tighten up a bit but I doubt it.

I note your blow outs and yes it is a sensitive area - my skin is 52 years old and I note that yours is a wee bit older.  Maybe the age of it doesn't help.  I will be happy with this in the end I am sure.  The guys work is generally very good and this will look cool on completion I'll wager.   

51 minutes ago, Makar said:

It worries me a bit about the colour going in on this area but now that the tattooist knows what this patch on me is like, I am hoping for a decent outcome.  The raven's dark nature also helps I think but I would rather have crisp lines on the outside edges and not going much further up the neck.  It could get a little shading on the wing edges there which would maybe do it.  We'll see - it's only four days since the line work was done.  It may tighten up a bit but I doubt it.

I note your blow outs and yes it is a sensitive area - my skin is 52 years old and I note that yours is a wee bit older.  Maybe the age of it doesn't help.  I will be happy with this in the end I am sure.  The guys work is generally very good and this will look cool on completion I'll wager.   

ya,I'm 57 ,unfortunately our ages are more prone to blowouts too,you're right.I just got that neck tattoo in May of this year.

I'm sure your tattoo will look great ! 

Thanks.  Going back in on the 19th for a full day sitting - update pics after that.  Hope we can successfully sort out the bleed at the top but I'm hopeful it will be cool.  Guerra's stuff is pretty cool.  I want the Raven to have the feel of this hand piece he did.  Neo trad is his thing.

guerra hand raven.jpg

That area is prime for blow outs. I have a few in the same area. Mostly it's lines that blow out, not the coloring or shading. Once he shades and colors it in, you'll never see the blowout again.  Super nice by the way!  Don't sweat the little bits of fuzz. You will never see them again once it's finished

1 hour ago, Rob I said:

That area is prime for blow outs. I have a few in the same area. Mostly it's lines that blow out, not the coloring or shading. Once he shades and colors it in, you'll never see the blowout again.  Super nice by the way!  Don't sweat the little bits of fuzz. You will never see them again once it's finished

Thanks for that Rob.  All good to know.  I feel like a tattoo newbie but I have three from so long ago I can't remember the process.  I had a bit of angst originally about the blowouts but quickly relaxed after a bit of research and thought.  This guy knows what he is doing and it will be great in the end.  My 3 previous are all disappearing under this big one.  They were two flashes done locally and a freehand at the first ever Scottish tattoo convention about 20 years ago.  I've enjoyed them but time to redecorate!  Bring it on...feel like a kid waiting for Christmas ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Snake has now become a raven. 7hrs today - the collarbone stuff was a stinger for sure. Talking of which, done by Guerra Stinger of Extreme Tattoo, Inverness. Another couple of hours to come adding some colourful flowers and more leaves. I like it! Now need shower and bed...

20161219_175233.jpg

Edited by Makar

On 12/19/2016 at 1:38 PM, Makar said:

Snake has now become a raven. 7hrs today - the collarbone stuff was a stinger for sure. Talking of which, done by Guerra Stinger of Extreme Tattoo, Inverness. Another couple of hours to come adding some colourful flowers and more leaves. I like it! Now need shower and bed...

20161219_175233.jpg

NICE! Looking great, @Makar.