Death moth tattoo?

marfil98

Hey everyone, I was thinking of getting a death moth tattoo on my chest. Not too big, around 7 inches across. My artist showed me a design of his that I absolutely love, and I think it'd make for a good chest piece. What do you guys think? Anybody on here have one? Also is there any particular meaning to a death's head moth tattoo? Thanks guys.

3 hours ago, HettyKet said:

You mean a Death's Head Hawmoth? They are cool little creatures, for sure. Plenty online about references to them in literature and art. 

7 inches sounds pretty small for a stand alone chest piece unless you have a teeny, petite build or you'll be adding other elements around it. 

Yes, a Death's Head Hawkmoth. As for the size, I alread have a lot of other stuff on my shoulders. Though upon measuring again it'll probably be closer to 9 inches from wingtip to wingtip.

Edited by marfil98

I have a death's head moth from Oliver Peck on my thigh, probably about 5-6 inches across. As HettyKet said, I think it's a bit small for a chest piece, but you and your artist could take a look at it on your particular build/frame and see from there. If you can tie it in or add filler to your shoulders, all the better in my opinion.

Edit: I recently added a pic of mine in the squidpants thread.

Edited by suburbanxcore