NYC area -- looking to get a peony

Lindubitable

Hi,

I currently have a rose on my left upper arm, and I am interested in getting a peony tattooed on the other arm (upper right). Below, is the Instagram picture of the rose: 

I was wondering if anyone knew of good artists who specialized in peonies; I envision the peony to be approximately the same size as the rose. Any tips or advice is appreciated!

Thank you!

Edited by Lindubitable
More details

1 hour ago, Hands On said:

Welcome to LST. there are tons of great artists in New York who are more than capable of putting on a beautiful peony.

The first few shops that come to mind are Invisible, Adorned, Three Kings, Kings Ave, and Saved.

Good luck!  Let us know how it goes.

Thanks! I've heard of those shops, but I only really know rg from Invisible, and he doesn't seem like the type to do small pieces, and Rose Hardy from Kings Ave (who I may consider). Is there anyone else specific in those shops who you really recommend? 

17 hours ago, Lindubitable said:

Thanks! I've heard of those shops, but I only really know rg from Invisible, and he doesn't seem like the type to do small pieces, and Rose Hardy from Kings Ave (who I may consider). Is there anyone else specific in those shops who you really recommend? 

you'd be surprised... although some artists only post the big pieces they're working on, they still do smaller one-shot pieces. as far as selecting an artist, it's really up to your preference.  do some research and find someone who does some peonies you like, then don't be afraid to give the shop a call and see when they're available.

if i was gonna get a peony in NYC... i'd go to Garver.

if you want to explore more options, you could also wait for the NYC convention to come around!

Edited by Hands On

If you want Japanese style, then you have a plethora of options at the shops listed @Hands On! Garver, Rubendall, Beech, RG, Damien R, Matt Beckerich. Interestingly, Matt Adamson is starting full time at Kings this month and you may be able to get in with him quicker than any of the folks listed above for neo-traditional. And I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Grez...

Here's my peony by Rubendall.

Good luck!

Rubendall Peony.JPG

Edited by Gingerninja
Added Photo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/28/2016 at 8:04 PM, Lindubitable said:

Richard Smith at Three Kings.... Fairly easy to get an appointment, very good artist.  About 2 years ago he was still very fair on pricing too.