Question about line work on tattoo

marfil98

Hey everyone, so I got a moth tattoo recently, done in 2 sessions. The first was the outline and some shading, the second was color. It's healing up nicely but I've got a question about the line work on it. The first time around most of the lines came out fine, particularly the wings, but when my artist got to the jawbones/body of the moth some of the lines were a little shaky. So when I went back in for color he fixed them, but now they're thicker than the rest of the lines and still a bit shaky. It really doesn't bother me much, it's just that I spend so much time looking at them I can't help but notice. Any advice on what to do? Leave it alone, or have him try to even everything out? On a side note, and this may sound weird but whereas before little imperfections like this used to bother me I've actually started to like them. It gives the tattoo a kind of "crudeness" for lack of a better word, that I like. Maybe I'm just going crazy :8_laughing: And lastly how does it look overall? Any advice on little tweaks that would improve it? I've been wanting to add more around it but I can't seem to figure out what. Sorry for the long post. Thanks everyone.

IMG_7709.JPG

IMG_7934.JPG

IMG_7924.JPG

Edited by marfil98

31 minutes ago, suburbanxcore said:

I think it looks fine and wouldn't worry about it at all.

As I said in the other thread when you initially asked, I woulda loved to see you go bigger with it, but it's a rock solid start to a chest/front.

Thanks! I'm planning to add more stuff around it, I just want to plan it out so everything "fits" nicely. Kind of like puzzle pieces.

Edited by marfil98

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the responses everyone. I'm happy with it and don't plan on making any changes to it. That being said, when I went in on friday, my artist did say there were a few things he wanted to touch up (some shading that all but disappeared during healing and a few other minor things he noticed) so I'll be going back to the shop on monday for that.

Edited by marfil98