Old Tattoo Help / Advice

Stu

Hi, I had this tattoo some 19 years ago and have been thinking about adding new ink around it. Problem I have is what style do I go ?? I'm not sure I want to keep the old school style as I don't really want anymore bold colours, I would prefer to add more modern grey and transparent images but not sure how that would work next to what I have. There is plenty of room around it but I just haven't got the imagination to put something together that would work well.. Any advice would be appreciated ..

21.jpg

Thanks. It was done at a studio just outside of Birmingham . The Studio is still there but has changed ownership a couple of times since I had this done. I believe it's now called Native Ink.

Edited by Stu

So many styles, so little brain to take it in...that's my experience. It can become a bit wearying making that decision. Just got a large cover up finished off on Monday. I was actually getting fatigue thinking about it... whether to go full sleeve, Japanese, neo trad, bit of realism somewhere. Started to make me feel ill. So I stopped and just went back to what the artist suggested. Pics soon. Feel good now its done too!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Makar said:

So many styles, so little brain to take it in...that's my experience. It can become a bit wearying making that decision. Just got a large cover up finished off on Monday. I was actually getting fatigue thinking about it... whether to go full sleeve, Japanese, neo trad, bit of realism somewhere. Started to make me feel ill. So I stopped and just went back to what the artist suggested. Pics soon. Feel good now its done too!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I know your pain.. I had a cover last year on my other arm that I totally regretted as soon as it was started so I'm currently in the process of having it lasered off so I can start again.. Hence why I'm being so cautious about my approach to this arm.. It can definitely get to the point were you feel your heads about to explode !!