2nd Tattoo Question

Welder12

OK so this is my second tattoo, the first one I had done, I let it heal naturally, with no moisturizers. So I decided to use A&D for this one (Picture) since it was so large. But now, not even 24 hours later, these little bumps came up out of no where. What is going on? Is it the moisturizer or MRSA/Staph? Could it be contact dermatitis? (Tattoo was done around 4-5 days ago)

IMG_20170104_220105775_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170104_220138221.jpg

On 1/4/2017 at 7:05 PM, Welder12 said:

OK so this is my second tattoo, the first one I had done, I let it heal naturally, with no moisturizers. So I decided to use A&D for this one (Picture) since it was so large. But now, not even 24 hours later, these little bumps came up out of no where. What is going on? Is it the moisturizer or MRSA/Staph? Could it be contact dermatitis? (Tattoo was done around 4-5 days ago)

IMG_20170104_220105775_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170104_220138221.jpg

keep it clean,wash it with anti-microbial soap and scrub with the palm of your hand 3 or 4 times a day,  let it heal,

I personally don't like A&D,I use a very light  VERY light coat of cocoa butter,for the first week,then fragrance free Aveeno,

I have also used a VERY VERY light coat of Aquaphor with success before.

the red bumps ? IMO that's from the A&D and probably too much of it,I've gotten those before from too much gunk.

if it's not infected the pimples or bumps should probably go away ,

and remember ,tattoos take 6 months to fully heal.

but above all,KEEP IT CLEAN !  like I said,for the first 10 days I wash my hands with this soap first and then in warm water I scrub the tattoo with the palm of my hand and carefully pat dry it with a clean paper towel then a SUPER light coat of Palmers cocoa butter or Aquaphor.

soap.jpg

Edited by Dan