Newly tattooed and new to forum

sipes23

I just joined the ranks of the tattooed last week at age 42. I had a design in mind for about 20 years, but I never acted on the idea until now. I don't know why I waited so long. The experience of getting it was great--I want another one as soon as I can manage it. My wife isn't thrilled by it (this tattoo or any potential future tattoos), but I think she's coming around to it all.

I asked the artist for a design I could have gotten 20 years ago, since that's when I had the idea. I think he did just that. The DNA sequence is from the FOXP2 gene, which is part of what we need to talk. (I'm a language teacher.)

I'm so thrilled that I have gotten my first tattoo. I'm looking forward to more.

20170102_210738.jpg

20170102_210747.jpg

21 hours ago, Devious6 said:

Congratulations and welcome to the forum! Nice work - and it's even more so because it has special meaning to you. Well done. I waited until I was almost 61 to get my first so you're on a better timeline than me. :1_grinning:

Thanks. I like it a lot. If it were a competition, I suppose I am better on the timeline.

6 hours ago, SStu said:

it's all downhill from here!

Ever increasing numbers of tattoos from here? I'm going to get another, but I'm not sure when.

6 hours ago, oboogie said:

Welcome!

Thanks.

1 hour ago, miragesearch said:
Why you guys all are getting mad behind tattoo? Don't you know it has so much side effects?
Side effects such as
Tattoo dyes – particularly red, green, yellow and blue dyes – can cause allergic skin reactions, such as an itchy rash at the tattoo site. This can occur even years after you get the tattoo. The manifestations of an infection, such as redness, swelling, pain and a pus-like drainage can occur after tattooing.

Wow, really???!!!!! I guess I'd better have mine removed.

Conversely, why are you joining a forum that celebrates the art of tattooing and throwing BS at us?

14 hours ago, Aarku said:

Welcome :D
After I got my first I couldn't stop thinking about all the other ones I wanted.

I have a long list of what I'd like but want to make sure I find an artist I like for each of them and... money. lol

I'm getting another, it's just a matter of an idea. 

9 hours ago, Makar said:

Hey Sipes23 - really cool snake dna design. I like the ouroboros symbolism - it all just keeps going round!
Sorry that a total tadger decided to spam your post. Some folks have no common decency.

Stephen

Thanks. It seemed like an idea that really fits the medium. And an internet troll doesn't worry me.