Do you guys think this artist is good?

sesa

Hi guys, I recently posted about wanting to partially cover up my first tattoo that I recently got. I already went in for a consultation and the artist will be creating a sketch in the next couple of days. 

I just need opinions on his portfolio which is on his public Facebook page, before I decide to go with him.  Reason I ask is because I'm new to tattoos, so I'm not the exactly the most qualified judge of a good artist. So I'm posting his page's link below and attaching a few of his works if any of you guys have the time to give me your two cents on whether u think he is skilled. Thank you!

https://www.facebook.com/pg/DATU.uae1/photos/?tab=album&album_id=10152127816625519

IMG_1270.JPG

IMG_1268.JPG

IMG_1271.JPG

IMG_1267.JPG

IMG_1269.JPG

Edited by princessandcats

It's a little late to be debating whether or not this is the right guy for you, isn't it? You've already consulted with him and have him doing a sketch. I sure hope you at least give him some money for drawing time if you decide not to do it.

This guy is a completely average street shop level artist. You won't come out of there with anything mindblowingly good but probably not anything awful either. It's up to you if that's good enough for you.

3 hours ago, Synesthesia said:

It's a little late to be debating whether or not this is the right guy for you, isn't it? You've already consulted with him and have him doing a sketch. I sure hope you at least give him some money for drawing time if you decide not to do it.

This guy is a completely average street shop level artist. You won't come out of there with anything mindblowingly good but probably not anything awful either. It's up to you if that's good enough for you.

Hi! Thanks for the reply. I actually gave him 30% down payment for the sketch, which didn't turn out to be good at all. I tried asking for a minor revision and he didn't get back to me anymore. So I guess that's that.

What do you think of this guy? 

https://www.facebook.com/DUBAI.TATTOO.PIERCING/

I hope he is at least better, I'm thinking of going to him for an initial consultation for my cover up. Here are some of his works from Facebook:

IMG_1321.JPG

IMG_1322.JPG

IMG_1323.JPG

IMG_1324.JPG

IMG_1325.JPG

IMG_1326.JPG

To be honest with you the second guy seems leaps and bounds above the other guy, though I could be a bit biased because I prefer his style. That lion looked a bit...off though. Not bad mind you, there's just something about it that seems off. Add to that the fact that he didn't get back to you on the drawing and I'd go with the second guy. But that's just my opinion.

9 minutes ago, marfil98 said:

To be honest with you the second guy seems leaps and bounds above the other guy, though I could be a bit biased because I prefer his style. That lion looked a bit...off though. Not bad mind you, there's just something about it that seems off. Add to that the fact that he didn't get back to you on the drawing and I'd go with the second guy. But that's just my opinion.

Thanks, I thought so too. ? The second guy's work was more intricate and cleaner in my opinion. Were you referring to the second guy's lion or the first?

46 minutes ago, princessandcats said:

Thanks, I thought so too. ? The second guy's work was more intricate and cleaner in my opinion. Were you referring to the second guy's lion or the first?

No I meant the first guy, the second lion looked great. Everything has nice clean lines, good shading, etc. I'd definitely go with the second guy. Like @Synesthesia said, the first guy's not bad, but he ain't great either. Average.

Edited by marfil98

• 4 weeks later...