Hi and a question on aloe vera

LL240

Hi, 

My name is Brad and I'm from Los Angeles.  I mainly made an account here to ask a question on a topic that I can't find much information on.  

I recently went on vacation and had some minor sun burns in areas around my tattoos.  To aid in healing i applied aloe vera gel on the burns and also on my tattoos because I figured it would help keep them hydrated.  Recently, however, when reading about aloe and tattoos I've seen numerous articles on how it can be utilized in home tattoo removal, which brings my to my question--is using aloe vera gel on healed tattoos detrimental in the long run? Or does it have any negative effects?

The articles I've read mention how aloe can help fade tattoos and remove pigment.  

1 hour ago, LL240 said:

Hi, 

My name is Brad and I'm from Los Angeles.  I mainly made an account here to ask a question on a topic that I can't find much information on.  

I recently went on vacation and had some minor sun burns in areas around my tattoos.  To aid in healing i applied aloe vera gel on the burns and also on my tattoos because I figured it would help keep them hydrated.  Recently, however, when reading about aloe and tattoos I've seen numerous articles on how it can be utilized in home tattoo removal, which brings my to my question--is using aloe vera gel on healed tattoos detrimental in the long run? Or does it have any negative effects?

The articles I've read mention how aloe can help fade tattoos and remove pigment.  

just try a lotion like Aveeno fragrance free to moisturize ,

LOL and maybe  when in the sun try a sunblock around 50 spf ?