Hey

taigi100

Hey, my name is Roby. I'm 20 years old and for a few years now thinking about getting my first tattoo. Finally decided that it is time that I do the proper research for it so here I am :)

In terms of design, I am thinking something alike the following image.

tumblr_m4b0r9nKDr1r7v7y1o1_400.png

From the picture only the outline matters, not the colours. It is basically a combination of the following:

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_rmgv8m5usxcs

digimon_crest_of_friendship_shirt_design

They both have huge emotional meaning for me personally as they do represent an important part of my childhood. In big lines, the first one represents courage and the second one friendship. Initially, I've only thought about getting the first one ( the sun ) but later I found a combination of the two.

Here are my questions:

1. Where should I place it? I know I want someplace visible for me yet not sure where. As for my build, I'm a tall fit (gymnastics like body ) guy, in his early 20s. Thinking inner forearm but not sure.

2. What suggestions do you have about the design? All ideas are welcome :) 

Edited by taigi100
answers

Welcome.

I just got my own first tattoo. It is a bit larger than what I thought it would be, but now that I have it it seems like the right size. (And trust your artist's judgment. I did, and I'm very happy I did.) I'd second what Gingerninja says: go bold with a design like this.

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

14 hours ago, Gingerninja said:

Welcome. Let me ask you this...how big are you thinking? Do you have any restrictions for showing tattoos? These are simplistic designs, so I think going bold would be my first thought. The other thing to consider is how well would this design flow into and/or incorporate with your next tattoo? :)

I don't have specific restriction for the tattoo, locations and things like that but I would like it to be somehow visible for me atleast ( the meaning of it is pretty motivational xD ). I do however want a design like that ( the shape(s) is what mostly matters ). If you are interested in the origins of it google : "Digimon crests". Feel free to let your imagination run wild tho :). As for a second tattoo I didn't think about that a lot, will probably happen when there is again something really meaningful to me that I want to paint on myself, so no need to worry too much about that.

@Tornado7 Interestingly enough, I was actually born in 1996 xD

@sipes23  I live in a rather small city ( around 500k people ) and it's the biggest city around here. I will choose an artist that I trust but there aren't many around :(

• 3 weeks later...

I think the inner bicep would be a good place. As for the design, that's a pretty specific design. If you happen to have a good artist nearby, you could have them put a spin on it perhaps. If you don't have a decent artist, I'd suggest you give them a specific simple design maybe. Do a lot of research so you can tell the difference in a good or bad artist.