Absolutely hate my 1 month old tattoo

Youngjason

hey @Youngjason... seems like your mind is made up, so our opinions on the situation aren't really changing much. but all is not lost! there are plenty of threads on LST that can help you out. search around and find some answers.  here's a few threads you can start to pull. use the search function. keep pullin the sweater. best of luck!

47 minutes ago, Youngjason said:

Why am i beating myself up, i dont get it. ?

Alright, here's the thing, you got the tattoo, and no, it's not going away completely even with laser. You have two options, you can cover it up with something else, which I don't think you want to do, or you can live with it. I recommend the latter. It's well done, well placed, and it looks good. I get your frustration, but actions have consequences. And trust me, it wont attract that much attention. Maybe it's because I live in an area where most people have tattoos, but believe me, they're not the first thing people notice about you. Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

Edited by marfil98

You are grieving dude, be gentle on yourself.

You ended up with a solidly made tattoo as a tribute to your Mum. It's not stupid. Sounds like you got a case of the post-tattoo blues and apprehensive about how big it ended up. It fits the forearm. And it's pretty minimal, not really what I'd call a BIG tattoo haha. Wear long-sleeve shirts in public if it causes nuff anxiety. You will be a-ok :)

Im worried about it full stop i think its just a stupid tattoo.  Did your tattoo go away completely?

Not even a little close, but faded enough for a good artist to fix it. I've seen (admittedly, on the devil Pintrest) pictures of some pretty well erased by Go! In Allentown, but I had to use locals. Realize, this would take several years and look even worse in the process.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

On 2/15/2017 at 10:46 PM, Gingerninja said:

Lots of great advice and support here for you. I think your tattoo is awesome and looks great. If I saw you walking down the street, you'd make me smile and want to give you a hug. I wouldn't, of course, cuz that's just creepy but you get my drift. :)

I feel like its an unnecessary thing to have on my arm and its like im telling people that my mum died, is that me overthinking?

16 minutes ago, Youngjason said:

There is no design nothing just writing . Its making me so angry and anxious 

LOL  dude ! you need to relax,it's on there for now,it's a cool fucking tattoo,

live with it,get used to it,be good with it,it's on you,chill out.

own it and look at it in a brighter light.keep your head up ,smile,and plan your next tattoo.

this normal feeling of "tattoo remorse" WILL go away,I have many many tattoos and still get that feeling right after a tattoo.(maybe cuz of the money) LOL

I'm very sorry for your loss.

I think your tattoo looks great, and the size is perfect for your arm. I get the impression you feel it doesn't do your mum justice? Nothing will ever truly compare to her, after all, she was your mum :) but how about seeing your (lovely) tattoo as a starting point?

Did your mum have any particular hobbies or interests, or things/people/pets that meant a lot to her? how about maybe incorporating some ideas into a sleeve and build those around your original tattoo. You could also have fun with it too, by adding little things that just you and your family would understand, but if anyone asked you could explain and then talk about the things your mum loved and enjoyed. If you take your time, I'm sure you could find a fantastic artist who could gradually bring it all together for you.

I have been down the laser route, it was painful, bloody, sore and expensive, I also have a bit of scaring, and its still not gone :( I too went in head first and spent two weeks crying and obsessing over my first tattoo (mine is a genuine disaster zone , unlike yours!) I then spent the next ten years constantly wearing long sleeved shirts, even in the summer. That was it for me, longsleeves4life!... until last Wednesday when I went to a brilliant artist and he made a start on what will be a full sleeve tribute to my pets! and something will be done with that mess on my arm but I'm not sure what yet ;)

It's a long story as to why I got out of my tattoo rut, but the point is, your tattoo is actually good!!! it really is, I think to laser it would be a waste, get planning on some ideas to go with it, enjoy seeing it all come together, have fun with it, research artists and turn it into everything you want it to be.

20 hours ago, cavies said:

... until last Wednesday when I went to a brilliant artist and he made a start on what will be a full sleeve tribute to my pets! and something will be done with that mess on my arm but I'm not sure what yet ;)

Nice response @cavies. does the start of this full sleeve have photos you're ready to share, or are you waiting for the right moment? ;) 

On 2/19/2017 at 11:39 PM, cavies said:

I'm very sorry for your loss.

I think your tattoo looks great, and the size is perfect for your arm. I get the impression you feel it doesn't do your mum justice? Nothing will ever truly compare to her, after all, she was your mum :) but how about seeing your (lovely) tattoo as a starting point?

Did your mum have any particular hobbies or interests, or things/people/pets that meant a lot to her? how about maybe incorporating some ideas into a sleeve and build those around your original tattoo. You could also have fun with it too, by adding little things that just you and your family would understand, but if anyone asked you could explain and then talk about the things your mum loved and enjoyed. If you take your time, I'm sure you could find a fantastic artist who could gradually bring it all together for you.

I have been down the laser route, it was painful, bloody, sore and expensive, I also have a bit of scaring, and its still not gone :( I too went in head first and spent two weeks crying and obsessing over my first tattoo (mine is a genuine disaster zone , unlike yours!) I then spent the next ten years constantly wearing long sleeved shirts, even in the summer. That was it for me, longsleeves4life!... until last Wednesday when I went to a brilliant artist and he made a start on what will be a full sleeve tribute to my pets! and something will be done with that mess on my arm but I'm not sure what yet ;)

It's a long story as to why I got out of my tattoo rut, but the point is, your tattoo is actually good!!! it really is, I think to laser it would be a waste, get planning on some ideas to go with it, enjoy seeing it all come together, have fun with it, research artists and turn it into everything you want it to be.

Thank you for this reply it related to me alot. 

Your right i rushed into the tattoo beforehand anyway. I dont even like tattoos, and really wasnt in the right state of mind but someone said get one.. 2 days later I did. The night before i got it i was drawing up designs and thinking but me and my mum never had a great relationship and my mind was frazzled so i went with text as couldnt think of design/quote or something. Was even asking people for ideas. So I agree it doesn't do justice thats probably one of the reasons I hate it. Now thinking about her hobbies hairdressing and we had a dog which was a British bulldog but wouldnt want that on my arm tbh. I too am in a tattoo rut i absolutely hate it and Like you long sleeves do look like summers choice. 

Regarding laser treatment, when did you get this done? what are the results? and did you have any colour?

Thanks for your reply

I'm sorry that you had such a rough entry into the world of tattoos. It sounds like you're giving yourself a hard time about it based on the nature of your relationship with your mother. I would, quite frankly, recommend that you talk to a professional to work it out.

Feelings about it aside, that tattoo looks perfectly fine. Try not to make any decisions about removal or modification until you've lived with it for a while.