Youngjason

Absolutely hate my 1 month old tattoo

Recommended Posts

So i got my first tattoo left it in the hands of the artist tbh didnt think it through mother passed away last year so wanted to get something small for memory and honour and ended up with the tattoo shown below. Its making me anxious and depressed. Its horrible and i hate it. Anyone know what i should do about this or am i exagarating the situation. Yes i know im stupid but im a very impulsive person didnt think it through and only looked in the mirror for a split second when he traced it on plus the missus said it looked ok.. Tattoos are for life and i definitely dont want this for life.  I have been constantly asking people if it looks ok. Ive spent days on days looking at tattoo depression and anxiety online spent hours looking at it and i actually hate myself now. 
Had the tattoo for a month and nothings change. 

 

Name:  IMG_1398.jpg Views: 50 Size:  360.2 KB

 

 

Edited by Youngjason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am also sorry for your loss - just lost my mom 3 weeks ago. The work looks well done and placed - can you tell us exactly what it is you don't like about it? Is it, perhaps, an emotional reaction to you mom's passing? You generally have 3 options - Live with it, laser it, or cover it. The first is, generally, the easiest, least expensive and least expensive route. Only you, though, can ultimately decide which route to take.

In any case, welcome to the forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for you loss man. I think it looks great. It's clean, and nicely done, and even though it's not quite my style, it's actually among the better "lettering" tattoos I've seen. I'd keep it. Also, it's only been a month, it ain't even healed yet! Give it time, it'll grow on you. Trust me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tornado7 said:

Sorry for your loss.

It appears to be a well placed and well executed tattoo.

Is it the design you hate, or does it have something deep to do with making your mom's passing really real?

 

1 hour ago, Devious6 said:

I am also sorry for your loss - just lost my mom 3 weeks ago. The work looks well done and placed - can you tell us exactly what it is you don't like about it? Is it, perhaps, an emotional reaction to you mom's passing? You generally have 3 options - Live with it, laser it, or cover it. The first is, generally, the easiest, least expensive and least expensive route. Only you, though, can ultimately decide which route to take.

In any case, welcome to the forum.

It is the Size of the thing, the location,  it looks way to big.. I dont even know why i got the tattoo it was so impulsive i wasnt in the right frame of mind. 

Does the laser thing get rid of a tattoo completely Im only 20 and dont want black dots on my skin ,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Youngjason said:

It is the Size of the thing, the location,  it looks way to big.. I dont even know why i got the tattoo it was so impulsive i wasnt in the right frame of mind.

Trust me, I've been there. Everything you just said I felt when I got my first couple of tattoos. I also considered laser which, as far as I know, does work, though results vary. The best advice I got on here was "get more tattoos". You'd be amazed at how soon you stop worrying when you have a few more. I strongly recommend keeping it, at least until it heals completely. I really think it looks good, and it has genuine significance to you. Remember, it could always be a whole lot worse.

IMG_9798.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, marfil98 said:

Trust me, I've been there. Everything you just said I felt when I got my first couple of tattoos. I also considered laser which, as far as I know, does work, though results vary. The best advice I got on here was "get more tattoos". You'd be amazed at how soon you stop worrying when you have a few more. I strongly recommend keeping it, at least until it heals completely. I really think it looks good, and it has genuine significance to you. Remember, it could always be a whole lot worse.

IMG_9798.JPG

how did you feel when you got yours then? and honestly do u think mine is not too big

Edited by Youngjason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not experienced enough to really advise you on lasering, but my understanding is that it's not going to totally eliminate what you have. And, it's expensive and painful. To me, the idea of adding to it to create at least a half sleeve - perhaps even covering some of it through that process - is a better possibility. Although I only have two tattoos, both done in the last year, I think the quality of your work, size and placement are fine. My advice would be to build on it, not to worry about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tornado7 said:

No it is not too big, and you should know that most of us are going to encourage you to turn it in to at least a full sleeve ?

exactly. a full sleeve would likely be cheaper and less painful, but definitely look way better than laser removal. think thru this next decision carefully and learn from your past. maybe get something positive that balances the negative energy you're feeling and make it BIG! that'll make your current tattoo relatively smaller and it'll be allllll goooooood.  best of luck and welcome to LST!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Handson makes a great point...

Impulsiveness has brought you to this crossroads.  The important thing now is to not allow it to decide which path you will take a second time.

 I can feel your angst and I empathize ... everything in you is pushing to make it gone, now ... but for your own sake, please, take your time with deciding what you will do next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Youngjason said:

how did you feel when you got yours then? and honestly do u think mine is not too big

At first I freaked out. I guess the permanence of it hit me. I also got my first couple of tattoos on impulse. But then I started getting more and before I knew it I wasn't worried anymore. Now I'm 13 in and already planning the next one. The best thing you could do is add to it as others have said. Find an artist who can incorporate it into a sleeve. And no, I don't think it's too big, it's a good size for your forearm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marfil98 said:

At first I freaked out. I guess the permanence of it hit me. I also got my first couple of tattoos on impulse. But then I started getting more and before I knew it I wasn't worried anymore. Now I'm 13 in and already planning the next one. The best thing you could do is add to it as others have said. Find an artist who can incorporate it into a sleeve. And no, I don't think it's too big, it's a good size for your forearm. 

We will all confirm that he freaked out!! :6_smile:

 

Truly, take your time and investigate the options. Consult with an artist(s) and make an informed decision. Lots of people get buyers remorse initially when the permanence sinks in, especially if the work is done on impulse. But, your intent as a memorial was there from the beginning so from that perspective you've done well. And, you got someone to do the work who executed it well. +2. So, now think your way through what's next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gingerninja said:

Lots of great advice and support here for you. I think your tattoo is awesome and looks great. If I saw you walking down the street, you'd make me smile and want to give you a hug. I wouldn't, of course, cuz that's just creepy but you get my drift. :)

Wow fair enough and thats another reason it attracts too much attention 

Edited by Youngjason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for your loss @Youngjason. Life and death are full of challenges, hopefully you have good friends and family to make you laugh from time to time and get you through!

I'm new here too, but I thought I'd chime in... the tattoo looks great, really nicely done script, flows with the shape of your forearm and it is noticeable but I would look upon it approvingly if I passed you in the street, the wisdom with size seems to be bigger = better anyway (giggity).

Let it settle in and get used to it for a few more months safe in the knowledge that it's a nicely executed tattoo with good placement regardless of the emotional weight attached to it. In the meantime, research tattoos that would compliment it and easily build into a sleeve. 

In my opinion, however uninformed it might be at this stage, black & grey/realism kinda styles fit nicely around script like that and I'm sure a good artist would easily put a subtle background behind the text to tie it all together... As others have said, apparently lasers cost a lot more than tattoos and getting more tattoos will look much better! 

Just take your time choosing an artist and an idea. :14_relaxed:

Edited by Howie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wanted to say that Im sorry for your loss,and I like your tattoo.I don't think its too big.

Its just a new thing on your arm.You will get used to it being there and probably like it a lot, in time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are worried about work/school/social reactions, they make sleeves that are surprisingly comfortable. From personal experience of having a poorly done piece in the same area and size lasered for re-work by a better artist, you're looking at $2k to make it go away. And that is a conservative estimate. I didn't think the pain was all that bad. Then, there is always the tried-and-proved black panther cover-up, but somehow that doesn't seem like what you want. I'm sure she left you with many great memories to help you through. Maybe some of those can help you make peace with the ink.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pidjones said:

If you are worried about work/school/social reactions, they make sleeves that are surprisingly comfortable. From personal experience of having a poorly done piece in the same area and size lasered for re-work by a better artist, you're looking at $2k to make it go away. And that is a conservative estimate. I didn't think the pain was all that bad. Then, there is always the tried-and-proved black panther cover-up, but somehow that doesn't seem like what you want. I'm sure she left you with many great memories to help you through. Maybe some of those can help you make peace with the ink.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk
 

Im worried about it full stop i think its just a stupid tattoo.  Did your tattoo go away completely?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, oboogie said:

It's not bad at all. Quit beating yourself up about it. You'll get used to it. It won't go away completely with lasering, so unless you want to cover it up with something else, just leave it and get more tattoos.

Why am i beating myself up, i dont get it. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.