Hello

NotTattedYet

I was forced to post here instead of the tattoo ideas forum :@ but greetings!

I'll just ask what I was gonna ask there: What concepts can you think of that resemble "fraud", "impostor" etc? One I have in mind is Plague Doctor, but I'm going to make the face seem a little owl-like as well.

Hello and welcome aboard.

You have to post your introduction and reply to X number of threads before you can create a new topic. So here is as good as any.

Everything has been done in tattoo. Yet a solid and creative tattooists can take a repeated image and make it fresh and new and create a timeless tattoo for you.

• From wikipedia ... A plague doctor was a medical physician who treated victims of the plague.[1] They were specifically hired by towns that had many plague victims in times of epidemics. Since the city was paying their salary, they treated everyone: both the wealthy and the poor.[dubious  discuss][2] However, some plague doctors were known for charging patients and their families extra for special treatments and/or false cures.[3] They were not normally professionally trained experienced physicians or surgeons, and often were second-rate doctors unable to otherwise run a successful medical business or young physicians trying to establish themselves.[1] These doctors rarely cured their patients; rather, they got a count of the number of people contaminated for demographic purposes.

Yikes, pretty morbid imagery. If you want to get a Plague Doctor tatt...well go for it and get one. Lots of people have used this image for tattoo. I wouldn't make the face mask more owl like though...it's not a plague doctor then. It will confuse what exactly the image is and may end up looking like an owl wearing a cape.

I mean you could just get a straight up owl. Then no second guessing what it is. Owls are associated with wisdom...but also symbolic of death. Either a messenger of death, or more metaphorically death meaning a transition in life.

A copy-cat/fraud tattoo would be when the tattooer straight up copies somebody else's composition. It happens more often than we think, in this modern age where your fresh tattoo is all over the internet before you get home and take the bandage off. So go see a reputable experienced tattooer and get something proper and unique. Do the research and take your time.