Issue with tattoo, can it be fixed?

Youngjason

1 hour ago, Hogrider said:

Coming soon:

I had my tattoo artist thicken one of the lines on a tattoo I had that wasn't perfect. Then that line made the other lines look imperfect so I had him thicken ALL of the lines. They weren't all perfect, as measured by an electron microscope, so I had the whole tattoo lazered off so I could start fresh and get it perfect this time, but even after 10 lazer treatments the skin doesn't look perfect. What should I do????

Ah man that sounds like a right pain in the ass. Hopefuly ill get over this maybe i will. 

Im the same even if i get a mark in my clothes or something so it not just tattoo but tattoos are more permanent. 

Ill leave it for now 

1 hour ago, Youngjason said:

Ah man that sounds like a right pain in the ass. Hopefuly ill get over this maybe i will. 

Im the same even if i get a mark in my clothes or something so it not just tattoo but tattoos are more permanent. 

Ill leave it for now 

Just having a little fun. Seriously though, if you are OCD, you will certainly be more unhappy with the results if you try to fix it. You got lucky. There is so much God-Awful script out there and yours is nice. Revel in the parts that are perfect.

• 1 month later...

Then let it be a lesson to you not to sweat the small stuff. Not trying to belittle your OCD or saying get over it. Just trying to turn a negative into a positive. Tattoos are imperfect because they're made by humans, not robots, and there's no eraser on the other end of the tattoo machine. That's part of the beauty of them. People aren't perfect either. Get more tattoos and you won't even think about it. Worked for me

2 minutes ago, DJDeepFried said:

Then let it be a lesson to you not to sweat the small stuff. Not trying to belittle your OCD or saying get over it. Just trying to turn a negative into a positive. Tattoos are imperfect because they're made by humans, not robots, and there's no eraser on the other end of the tattoo machine. That's part of the beauty of them. People aren't perfect either. Get more tattoos and you won't even think about it. Worked for me

Hi thanks for your reply ive tried looking at other peoples tattoos and they all look so perfect . And ive stared at them just look at the 6 on mine its awful.. 

1 minute ago, DJDeepFried said:

They're not. Believe me, no one notices but you just like no one notices the "mistakes" on mine. I've seen a lot of shitty script tattoos and yours is not one of them. Besides didn't you say you fixed it up a bit?

Ive grown to like the tattoo , I want things around it just not sure what. Is this normal i think about the dot on the tattoo at least 55 times a day and check it its become a habit 

14 minutes ago, oboogie said:

You need to let it go. You probably shouldn't get any other tattoos.

Ehh I'm not so sure. I was the same way (if not worse) with my first couple of tattoos, but after a while I realized that they're not MEANT to be perfect. Once I realized that and got a few more it completely stopped bothering me. Now I have 13 lol.

Edited by marfil98

1 minute ago, marfil98 said:

Ehh I'm not so sure. I was the same way (if not worse) with my first couple of tattoos, but after a while I realized that they're not MEANT to be perfect. Once I realized that and got a few more it completely stopped bothering me. Now I have 13 lol.

how was you on your first couple?

4 minutes ago, Youngjason said:

how was you on your first couple?

Same as you. Nervous, obsessed, pissed. But again, once it sank in that no tattoo is perfect (though some are certainly better than others) it stopped being an issue for me. Seriously, look up pictures of truly awful script tattoos and you'll see that yours is great!

Same as you. Nervous, obsessed, pissed. But again, once it sank in that no tattoo is perfect (though some are certainly better than others) it stopped being an issue for me. Seriously, look up pictures of truly awful script tattoos and you'll see that yours is great!

How long did it take you for the obsessions to stop and how did it sink in 

19 minutes ago, Youngjason said:

ive had this obsession for 2 months now got tatt in january ..

Did u constantly look at your tattoo?

Oooohhhh yes. I couldn't stop staring at the flaws. Until one day, I just stopped caring about the imperfections and looked at the bigger picture, literally hahaha. Don't worry, you'll get there.

Oooohhhh yes. I couldn't stop staring at the flaws. Until one day, I just stopped caring about the imperfections and looked at the bigger picture, literally hahaha. Don't worry, you'll get there.

i hope i do get there. i really do. Thats crazy how u experienced the same thing gives me a good feeling.

17 minutes ago, Youngjason said:

i hope i do get there. i really do. Thats crazy how u experienced the same thing gives me a good feeling.

Don't worry about it. In a few months, especially if you get some more tattoos, you'll be laughing about this.