Advice needed please..please shed some light on this for me

Inked_davidoff

Hi I haven't used this before but just needed some advice on behalf of my girlfriend. She went to a professional Tattooist in our local area which she has used before and been very happy. On this occasion the out come was something of pure shock and disappointment. The are in red marker was marked out by the artist and was meant to be shaded off the existing tattoo on the wrist up into soke roses he had done in the same session. 5 hours later and she was all done feeling the effects of a pretty long session under the needle as we all have done. When she first saw me she broke down in tears at the darkness and the way it is almost like a solid block. I reassured her it wouldn't be as bad as she thought and to let it heal. Basically can anyone comment as to what they think of the finished healed tattoo as I am deeply shocked and she is heartbroken and looking at a 3k bill to laser the area clear with picosure. Any comments or above would be most welcome of any nature..and I am in no way disrespecting any artist or the artist himself. He has apologised and offered to make it even blacker or refund for that area. Even said sorry. Please help as she is heartbroken

Thanks LST

Nick

a6fd41eb6bc3441f0119d90f7fbcddac.jpg7b74e92f8fabc086339d0dc5111be576.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

:(

I would be very disappointed also ... oh my ... and to add insult to injury, that tattoo that was covered up will show clearly through once healed.

To dwell on a solution rather than an irreversable deed ... you might consider seeking out a white on black professional rather than lasering out.  Just a thought.  Here are a couple examples for you.

79eaa726902d8a2563a1084f9c37e272.jpg

white-on-black-ink-tattoo-21.jpg

Edited by littlefox1970

Thankyou little fox for your reply ..i have suggested this to her and after 2 different people have let her down its trying to reassure her there are artist out there who take pride in what they produce..white on black is getting more popular and I think it looks amazing..thankyou again

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Maybe I should have said "talented tattoo artist", rather than "professional".  Hopefully my poor command of the English language has not given the wrong impression.

I feel fortunate to have developed such a thick skin over the years ... heavy handed tattoo artists cause only minor irritation. 

Edited by littlefox1970

1 hour ago, littlefox1970 said:

Maybe I should have said "talented tattoo artist", rather than "professional".  Hopefully my poor command of the English language has not given the wrong impression.

I feel fortunate to have developed such a thick skin over the years ... heavy handed tattoo artists cause only minor irritation. 

hi :) , what is your first language ? and where do you live ?

Hi Dan, I live in Quebec, Montreal to be precise.  I am fluently bilingual (French and English) with a little understanding of Spanish.  My first language is indeed English and my response to SStu was indeed sarcastic.  I don't usually resort to sarcasm ... but some instances seem to be especially appropriate for it.  

Whereabouts are you?  I was looking at the pictures you posted today and was admittedly a bit jelly ... some friends you have there ... Oliver Peck and Chris Nunez ,,,v ery cool ... lucky you! :) 

38 minutes ago, SStu said:

@littlefox1970 Sorry for the misunderstanding - but my quote of the word professional was for the OP. I don't have any problem with white on black. Often is the best course of action and it can look great, obviously. 

Ohhhh, I see .... that makes your intention altogether  different.  I too am sorry for the misunderstanding - for assuming your comment was directed at my post. Apologies for my reaction ~