Foot aftercare

Jynarik

Any tips for a top of foot tattoo? Got it done yesterday and doing the typical washing 3x/day, keeping wrapped in plastic. Was told to take plastic off tomorrow, but I'll be in work boots for 8hrs so considering keeping it on. 

Any tips for a top of foot tattoo? Got it done yesterday and doing the typical washing 3x/day, keeping wrapped in plastic. Was told to take plastic off tomorrow, but I'll be in work boots for 8hrs so considering keeping it on. 

If you are interested and able to find it give tegederm or saniderm a try! I've used it on my tattoos that really rub against clothing and shoes and it saves my butt. Basically you will apply the film to the tattoo and you can leave it on for up to 6 or 7 days! It's breathable but keeps germs and water out. So it can heal up in a clean environment. It also really reduces scabbing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

When I got my feet done I would wrap only when I slept for the first 3 days then it was just leaving them exposed to air as much as possible. I'm lucky that I could leave shoes off and just aired them 24/7, washed religiously (5-6x a day) and used organic lotion after every wash.

They healed perfectly (except for the red, had an allergy to the ink) and haven't had any touchups. Was an absolute pain keeping them clean and not wearing shoes etc but it worked in the end.

Am actually using dermalize now on my knee and it has been fantastic, I wish I'd known about it for my feet cos I think it would of made the whole process a lot easier and hassle free

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...