How do tattoos with no black hold up?

marfil98

Hey everyone. I'm just wondering if anyone knows how tattoos with no black in them look after a few years. I know it's generally frowned upon, but if it's a darker color (blue for example) would it last? Something like the picture I attached. I have no intention of getting anything like this by the way, I'm just curious as to how they hold up long term.

IMG_0260.JPG

3 hours ago, marfil98 said:

Hey everyone. I'm just wondering if anyone knows how tattoos with no black in them look after a few years. I know it's generally frowned upon, but if it's a darker color (blue for example) would it last? Something like the picture I attached. I have no intention of getting anything like this by the way, I'm just curious as to how they hold up long term.

maybe not so good,a little reading on it here https://www.tattoodo.com/a/2016/03/the-test-of-time-tattoo-styles-that-won-t-stand-it-watercolor/

65494.jpg

Edited by Dan

Though I wonder about dark blue. When I worked in print shops, the Reflex Blue, which is a dark blue, would be pretty resistant to what we cleaned our hands with.

Of course, they're different things, but that's my experience with dark blue ON my skin and not IN my skin.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I have one that the green was lined in a darker green and it has held up. I have had older black-lined tattoos spread out over time. Ones that were close together almost touched after 20 years. I agree that the sun is a tattoo's worst enemy. I know one artist, she has some nice water color work on her, no outline but she is almost an albino compared to me and never sets foot in the sun. Her work still looks perfect years later.