First (and new) tattoo with lost ink and uneven. Is it fixable?

newtattoo123

21 minutes ago, sister123 said:

I'm not sure what the cause is. It could be that the artist didn't send the ink far down enough? It could be that the healing process was interrupted. 

In any case, it'd be very easy to touch up. Although I'd probably go to a different artist. 

Thanks for your input. I'm curious, you think it's not worth giving my artist another chance? My artist will do the touch up for free, but I am concerned about it getting messed up further, so I'm not sure what to do.

4 minutes ago, newtattoo123 said:

Thanks for your input. I'm curious, you think it's not worth giving my artist another chance? My artist will do the touch up for free, but I am concerned about it getting messed up further, so I'm not sure what to do.

Since there's a chance this could've been caused by the artist, no I wouldn't go to him/her. 

12 hours ago, newtattoo123 said:

They didn't do a simple outline right the first time, but you're going to give them another chance? Sorry, I just don't understand why people do this. Past actions are the best predictors of future actions.

My single needle tattoo has areas like that, and it is meant to. It is part of the nature of that kind of tattooing.

If you were going for a clean outline instead, you got a bad tattoo.

Yes, it can be fixed. Have someone get in there with a proper liner. All of the lines should be uniformly thicker, and smooth.

20170311_081919.jpg

1 hour ago, Hogrider said:

They didn't do a simple outline right the first time, but you're going to give them another chance? Sorry, I just don't understand why people do this. Past actions are the best predictors of future actions.

yep. it's not worth the free touch-up. just pay a better artist to fix it. they also might be able to give some suggestions on how to make it look better.

Your artist might have simply done an average job but it's pretty normal for bits of ink to fall out during healing. Life happens - scabs get knocked off under clothes, you accidentally scratch yourself in your sleep, someone might hug you a bit enthusiastically or slap your arm during a handshake etc. 

Go get it touched up by someone you trust. Had most of my recent pieces touched up on the weekend and now they look really solid and bright :1_grinning: