New: Mobile App for LST on your smartphone!

Steve

This forum now supports Android and the iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad natively with Forum Runner!

What is Forum Runner?

Forum Runner is an Android/iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad App that allows you to browse this forum using a native client. This means faster access for those users since it only downloads the actual forum information rather than all the extraneous images that slow down the mobile connection.

Forum Runner Feature List

• Unfortunately - the Tattoo Gallery is not available through the app at this time.
  • Browse your favorite forums in an easy-to-use-interface with multiple notification types (private message, subscription, etc)
  • Fully customizable home screen with your favorite forums
  • PUSH NOTIFICATION SUPPORT : Get private message and subscribed thread updates from your favorite forums in the background!
  • Poll updates (private messages/subscriptions) from favorites on home screen - shows you a summary of which forums you have new messages or subscriptions on!
  • Image attachment thumbnail and full size viewing from threads
  • View a thread's image attachments in one convenient screen (much like the native iPhone "Photo" app)
  • Save thread images to your iPhone/iPod touch library
  • Fully search-able forums!
  • View embedded links without leaving the app, including YouTube videos
  • Supports portrait AND landscape mode
  • Full posting options (quote posts, start new thread, etc)
  • Attach unlimited photos from your library (or take a photo from the camera and attach it)
  • Full support for private messages and private message folders
  • Full support for thread subscriptions - track your favorite threads and be updated via push when they have new posts!

Some screen shots of Forum Runner running on various devices:

iPhone: Home Screen with customizable icons and notifications:

home.png

Push notification updates while outside the app:

push.pngpush.png

Image attachment browser from a thread:

photoviewer.pngphotoviewer.png

Fully searchable forums:

search.pngsearch.png

Full forum browsing:

browse.pngbrowse.png

How can I get the Forum Runner iPhone Client?

Either search "Forum Runner" in the App Store on your iPhone, or click one of the links below:

Get Forum Runner Full Version from App Store

Get Forum Runner Free Version from App Store

How can I get the Forum Runner Android Client?

Either search "Forum Runner" in the Google Market on your Android device, or click one of the links below:

Get Forum Runner Full Version from Google Market

Get Forum Runner Free Version from Google Market

Have any LST iphone or android users tried this app yet? What do you think? I ask because I own neither of those two phones so haven't been able to give it a try.

From my understanding it should work like and be as easy as uploading a tattoo picture to your facebook page with their app. Just curious as we figured it'd be a feature many would enjoy especially the tattooers who regularly upload their tattoo photos every day from their phones so all their "likes", "fans", what-have-yous can see.......

• 3 weeks later...

I just downloaded this app yesterday and it is pretty sweet as far as I can tell. The layout is clean and everything is easy to find and read. I don't actually read that many forums, but this definitely made it easier on my phone. It was easy to find the forum and wasn't expensive at all for a no-ad application ($1.99.) The only thing I haven't figured out how to do is 'like' a post. No big deal.

I downloaded the app about a week ago and at first i didnt like it. i would have just preferred to wait to go on my computer to access the forum. i have since spent a little bit more time checking it out and its kinda cool. its very simple and plainly set up with no graphics so that it runs very fast. it shows you with different coloured bubbles where someone has posted to so you can go straight there. sadly there is no option to "like" a post, or if there is i havent found it yet even though i think ive checked it out pretty throughly! overall yes its a great app and worth the $1.99.

• 1 month later...

This is pretty much the only foum i check regularly.

I've been using Forum Runner for a few weeks now on iPhone and iPad. Like Alanna, at first it felt a little clunky, like maybe I was going to miss out on something, but once I got used to the way it looks and feels, it's actually easier to see new posts than with a web browser. Direct messages work great too. The main thing lacking is a 'like' feature. I still prefer the browser version for over-long, tense, snooty and sarcastic rambling posts though.

I agree with everything Stewart said... like button needed, easy to see new posts, web still better for being a dick...

Admins - you guys need to figure out how to have an LST icon photo. When you load the front page of the app where it show your different forums it says "icon not available" or something like that and then Last Sparrow Tattoo

When you load the front page of the app where it show your different forums it says "icon not available" or something like that and then Last Sparrow Tattoo

Mine only said that for a day or so. Now the icon is a cropped version of the masthead, with the sparrow.

I particularly like how it works with only highlighting threads I haven't looked at, it's cool that once I'm logged in I only see new posts and threads regardless of what device or machine I viewed them on.

When you load the front page of the app where it show your different forums it says "icon not available" or something like that and then Last Sparrow Tattoo

Thanks for the heads up! It works for me, but I'll check it out to see what might be going on.

Also thanks for the feedback - we will eventually have a custom App w/ all the bells and whistles, so thanks for hanging in there w/ the forum runner one for now. Cheers.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...