White ink over grey? Does anyone know the result when healed?

Mimolette

Cheers everyone!

All is in the title :) Not really that I want to try that process, but I found very little informationn about this on internet and no pics "before vs. after" when healed. Usually, the photos you can find on internet about using wite ink over grey or over black are directly when white ink is freshly applied on a black tatto so we don't see how it fades through time and what is the true result.

So does anyone ever try to use white ink on top of grey ink? Or black ink? How was the rendering of it? Did it heal well or does it look weird and it's definetely not recommended?

Thanks to all!

Thank you for sharing your experience. I just would like to ask one clarification to be sure we are talking about the same;

What I meant by my question is, let's say you have a black and grey tattoo for few years, already. It's healed and well in place. After these few years, if you put white ink on top of the black or grey ink which is healed, already, what would be the result? Would your black & grey tattoo be lightened?

The true question is; is it possible to lighten a tattoo using white ink or because the black ink can't mix with the white ink in the skin, that process of lightening a tattoo is not possible?

Thanks again!

(I like your tattoo by the way)

Edited by Mimolette

50 minutes ago, Mimolette said:

Thank you for sharing your experience. I just would like to ask one clarification to be sure we are talking about the same;

What I meant by my question is, let's say you have a black and grey tattoo for few years, already. It's healed and well in place. After these few years, if you put white ink on top of the black or grey ink which is healed, already, what would be the result? Would your black & grey tattoo be lightened?

The true question is; is it possible to lighten a tattoo using white ink or because the black ink can't mix with the white ink in the skin, that process of lightening a tattoo is not possible?

Thanks again!

(I like your tattoo by the way)

it would still make highlights,etc,etc and work on B&G or black even after a few years.

or are you talking about hiding a tattoo or trying to make it not be seen ?  maybe I am confused.

Edited by Dan

Somehow yes, I'm trying to figure out if how the white would react being applied on top of solid black and of solid grey.

Can white be used to cover black? Can white be used to cover grey? How effective is that? See an example of a sleeve I found on Google below, it's clear that the sleeve was fully black, and then white was applied. But it's also clear that the white was freshly applied. So will the white last in time? 

If yes, would I be correct saying that regardless of the tone/color of your tattoo, white can always cover it? 

Last question is; if a tattoo was made and is too dark, can an artist apply white on top of the dark to lighten it still making it look, let's say, naturally grey?

Hope I clarify ;-)

white-on-black-ink-tattoo-21.jpg