Curious if anyone else in here collects old acetate stencils? I would really like to have a peek at other peoples collections. For some reason I almost enjoy collecting stencils more than flash. I just like holding an old acetate in my hand and imagining how many people got tattoos from it. Here are some of my collection. I have a bunch more I need to take pictures of.

Bob Shaw

5651424004_c271458c89_o.jpg

Owen Jensen

5477393160_1ccd30a8cb_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I love looking at acetate stencils when I get the chance to see them and thinking how some of them have traveled ridiculous miles being sent from one tattooer to another, tattoo shop to shop. I really like that Owen Jensen eagle and snake...any chance of a close up pictures of it? Thanks for sharing these and look fwd to more from those willing to share....

• 1 year later...
Just wanted to bring this thread back from it's grave because it is a pretty nice collection....and because I do collect acetates as well! :)

For some reason I think I missed this thread -- thanks Bunny!

@ShawnPorter hope you don't mind me linking this from OV, but here's a great post from the Philly convention. Perez picked up an old Lee Roy stencil and I was lucky enough to stumble over to his booth and get it put on, with graphite and all. Lineage « Occult Vibrations

Neat stuff. 3 of my earliest pieces were done from stencils, and pieces of the 4th. Talk about a pain! One kool part is that one of them, a parrot, is still at Chicago Tattooing, and my sons are planning on getting it on themselves.

I'd watch Dale outlining on a stencil-design, and wonder howinhell he could possibly see what he was doing. Somehow, it always seemed to come out right.

My older work was all acetate stencils. The stencils were usually made from the wall art by an apprentice. Perforate all those little holes along every line... I used to watch them do it. I can recall the artist cursing when they had to cut a fresh stencil. They were usually kept in a drawer in some sort of order and had the reference # from the flash on the wall.

CG