First Tattoo I've Planned Properly!

Alicia

Soooooo, yesterday was the big day!

I was booked in for the whole day so arrived at 10.00am sharp with my packed lunch and bottles of water like a good customer :10_wink: My lovely artist David had got some of the drawings done and was just waiting on my approval before making stencils of them. I loved the flowers he had done, they were exactly what I wanted so after transferring the stencils to my skin we made a start.

The first 2 hours of tattooing were fine; I was chatting to everyone in the shop and the pain was more than bearable. The third hour was a bit rougher, I could feel it much stronger and it was getting a bit teeth gritting. By the 4th hour I couldn't take it any longer :36_flushed: Every touch of the needle was just agony, my body had had enough! I had to stop him (with tears in my eyes I am very embarrassed to admit!) but  he was fine, he was lovely, he said it was not a problem at all. He'd only got to colour in one flower so it's very much obviously unfinished lol but there was literally nothing on this earth that could have made me continue yesterday. Put it this way; if he'd said to me "let me finish and it'll be free" I would have still say no :4_joy:

Due to conflicting schedules I'm booked in for 3 weeks time to have the rest coloured in. He said he shouldn't be more than 2 hours work left, maybe 2 and a half. I'm cool with that, I think I've realised my body's comfort limit is 2 hours and it's absolute limit is 3. Anything over than is a NO WAY! 

So... anyone want to see some photos? 

These are literally about an hour after we'd finished so it's looking quite red, sore and swollen. It's looking a lot calmer this morning so I'll post some more in a little while once I've given it a clean (it's looking a bit mucky this morning!); I need to wait until my husband gets back to help me as I can't reach the back bits :12_slight_smile:

17909308_10155318754375362_2075253404_n.jpg

17918851_10155318756320362_904940036_n.jpg

2 minutes ago, Alicia said:

Thank you! I love it... keep catching sight of it and just smiling to myself like a loon! 

Proof that you made a great decision.

It's been a year since I got my first and about 6 months since my second..and I still find myself looking at them every day. I can't wait for warmer weather so I can show them off again.

Edited by Devious6

7 minutes ago, Devious6 said:

Proof that you made a great decision.

It's been a year since I got my first and about 6 months since my second..and I still find myself looking at them every day. I can't wait for warmer weather so I can show them off again.

Same here. I'm hopeful that I've timed it well that it will be fully healed by the time the nice weather comes... not that we get much of a summer here in the UK; the odd day if we're lucky! 

Quick question for the experts.... does a cover up tattoo take longer to stop hurting that a regular tattoo? Just curious really. Part of my new tattoo is covering an old, crap design. The whole thing is still quite sore and tender (to be expected of course, it's not even been 3 days) but the bit where it covered the old one is VERY painful still to the touch. 

In good news though, healing seems to be going well so far. The redness and swelling is mostly gone, it's nice and dry (not too dry though) and only a small amount of itching. So far so good!

1 hour ago, SStu said:

Not for me. 

Cheers. I think it might have been because over the cover up bit is the only bit that was coloured in perhaps? That bit (the red rose) is still tender to the touch whereas the rest isn't hurting at all anymore. It's peeling like crazy now and itching like a bastard (am I allowed to swear on here?!) which is fun. 

• 3 weeks later...

I went back on Thursday to have it finished off, finally! I was so looking forward to it... I breezed in there and popped myself down on the seat, raring to go, thinking this will be a piece of cake, just an hour or 2's work, compared to the last sitting. OMG... I don't know why, whether the area was still not fully healed from the 1st sitting maybe, but it was SO painful :52_fearful: literally from the second he started until the second he finished. I kept waiting to get into my groove like last time (the first 10 minutes were rough but then I settled in) but it just never came. Wonder why? Any ideas? 

Anyway, some pics below for anyone who is interested. I would appreciate some opinions on the coloured areas from those more knowledgeable than me... I'm not sure if they look (especially the pink ones) like they need more colour? As in, the whole flower to be coloured in? I'm also wondering if I should have gone for a brighter purple for the flower on my shoulder... it just seems a bit duller than the brighter reds and pinks. Obviously I'm going to wait and see how it looks when it's healed; it might be fine and I might love it, but right now... I'm not too sure. 

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

I like the way it looks stylewise and colorwise. 

There are lots of factors that affect the pain being felt. Certainly going back into a non-completely healed area is a big one, but generally after 2-3 weeks it should be back to mostly normal. Shading always hurts me more than outline, but lots of people feel the opposite, too. Going into it thinking it was going to be a breeze might the the culprit, too. :10_wink:

10 hours ago, SStu said:

I like the way it looks stylewise and colorwise. 

There are lots of factors that affect the pain being felt. Certainly going back into a non-completely healed area is a big one, but generally after 2-3 weeks it should be back to mostly normal. Shading always hurts me more than outline, but lots of people feel the opposite, too. Going into it thinking it was going to be a breeze might the the culprit, too. :10_wink:

This. Outlines kill and shading is easy peasy. It's different for everyone.