First Tattoo I've Planned Properly!

Alicia

Hi everyone,

I'm new here so just wanted to say hello. I've been browsing the forum for the last few days so decided to sign up and introduce myself.

I've got 3 slightly crappy tattoos and am having the crappest one covered up with a fabulous new design. I'm booked in for a week on Wednesday and I am quite giddy with joy (not a good look at my age!)... I've been planning this for months and am now finally in a position to afford it. I'm having some bold and vibrant flowers across my right shoulder, top of arm and collar bone, kind of across the area in the 1st photo but flowers more similar to the 2nd photo. I met with the tattoo artist last week and took him in a bundle of pictures of styles I liked and have left it in his (hopefully!) capable hands to come up with something fabulous! I'm a little bit nervous as my previous ones have taken half an hour and an hour and I'm booked in for the whole day for this new one but I really wanted to get it done in one sitting (due to work and other commitments).

10 days and counting! I'm a like a kid waiting for Christmas :4_joy:

5.jpg

23-Hibiscus-tattoo.jpg

Edited by Alicia
photos the wrong way around!

23 minutes ago, Dan said:

welcome to the forums AND the addiction Alicia.

glad to have you here.

that rib piece rocks !

I'm already planning my 2nd, 3rd and 4th (well, technically my 5th, 6th and 7th but I barely count the previous 3 really!), tattooing has come on SO much in the 20 years since I had my first one.

22 hours ago, Alicia said:

So I told my parents yesterday about my tattoo plans... bearing in mind I'm 42 years old.

My mum: "oh dear, but you won't be able to wear vest tops and stuff in the summer then?"

Me: "errrr, no? What?"

She genuinely thought I was going to go through all that and NOT show it off? Mad woman!

Haha, @Alicia. I'm 45, and my parents HATE my tattoos. I dread telling them every time I get a new one. I feel you. :-)

2 hours ago, oboogie said:

Haha, @Alicia. I'm 45, and my parents HATE my tattoos. I dread telling them every time I get a new one. I feel you. :-)

My mum had a look on her face like she had smelt something particularly unpleasant when I was telling her :4_joy: 

I did consider not telling them and just popping over to visit next week with new ink all done but thought at their time of life the shock might be a bit too much lol! 

6 hours ago, Devious6 said:

Well, I did think the rib piece was yours...but stand by my comment that your planned cover up sounds awesome!!!  I was 61 when I got my first and my mom was in a nursing home. I wasn't sure how she would react - she smiled and said it looked great.

Thank you! I'm very excited (6 days!) and will be sure to bore you all share some pictures next week! 

My mum had a look on her face like she had smelt something particularly unpleasant when I was telling her :4_joy: 

I did consider not telling them and just popping over to visit next week with new ink all done but thought at their time of life the shock might be a bit too much lol! 

My parents live on the other side of the country from me, so I just have to make sure anything I put on Facebook doesn't show for a while. Especially since I'm planning on having more done, I'm going for the forgiveness > approval plan :D

Edited to add: I'm 40.... but the oldest child so I'm usually making the "bad" decisions first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, jaimilyn said:

My parents live on the other side of the country from me, so I just have to make sure anything I put on Facebook doesn't show for a while. Especially since I'm planning on having more done, I'm going for the forgiveness > approval plan :D

Edited to add: I'm 40.... but the oldest child so I'm usually making the "bad" decisions first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luckily my parents haven't got facebook (they don't even have the internet at home bless them; the DVD player is beyond them most days) but I do have my brother on facebook to judge on their behalf! :34_rolling_eyes:

4 hours ago, Gingerninja said:

My mom has dementia so...it's like the movie 50 First Dates except that it's every three minutes. She see's them, I explain, she forgets...repeat cycle.

Aww, that sounds hard. I think my parents are on their way to that too soon to be honest. 

4 hours ago, Michaelshane said:

I wish my parents could see mine.They would hate them but I'd rather deal with that than not have them anymore.

I'm sorry, you're so right. I know I'm lucky to still have them both, even with the judging and comments! 

Edited by Alicia

6 minutes ago, oboogie said:

I am very lucky to have my parents—I know that. I'm sorry, @Michaelshane.

I get along famously with both of them (other than their thoughts on my piercings and tattoos). They are both amazing people. :-)

Same here oboogie, I get on great with mine (mostly!) and I manage not to take their opinions on tattoos too personally :10_wink: I think with them, it's a generation thing. In their "day" only sailors and convicts had tattoos! My dear mum thinks woman with tattoos are "cheap"... I told her, completely straight faced, that "this tattoo I'm having next week may be many things mum, but cheap is not one of them". She was not impressed lol! 

21 hours ago, Devious6 said:

Hey!!! What about a little love for the Army here???!!!  This is me in Bosnia in 1996 - deployed my battalion from Germany to there as part of the NATO implementation/stabilization force.

Bosnia MRE.jpeg

Absolutely! Can't beat a good man in uniform :10_wink:

So it's only 3 days now until the big day and I'm a bit shocked to realise I'm starting to feel quite nervous. What's that all about? Is that normal?! I've been desperate for this tattoo for so long but it is the first one I'll be having that will be completely visible pretty much all the time (I live in vest/strappy tops pretty much all year around, no jumpers here!). whereas all my previous ones are in much more hidden places. What if I don't like the design the artist has drawn up? :52_fearful: Am I okay to say if I want anything changed? Is it that the sort of behaviour to get me thrown out before a needle has even touched me?!

24 minutes ago, Alicia said:

So it's only 3 days now until the big day and I'm a bit shocked to realise I'm starting to feel quite nervous. What's that all about? Is that normal?! I've been desperate for this tattoo for so long but it is the first one I'll be having that will be completely visible pretty much all the time (I live in vest/strappy tops pretty much all year around, no jumpers here!). whereas all my previous ones are in much more hidden places. What if I don't like the design the artist has drawn up? :52_fearful: Am I okay to say if I want anything changed? Is it that the sort of behaviour to get me thrown out before a needle has even touched me?!

that is totally normal IMO,I have a lot of tattoos and that happens to me everytime.

4 hours ago, Dan said:

that is totally normal IMO,I have a lot of tattoos and that happens to me everytime.

I'm really glad to hear that! I never really had chance to get nervous about my previous ones as they were all pretty spur of the moment decisions, but this one has been in the planning for a long time, so kind of makes sense :12_slight_smile: