New tattoo healing different than my others.

wickedD95

Hello there. This is my first all bold color tattoo but not my first tattoo so I know the aftercare steps. I got the tat in vegas on vacation. At first it was a normal new tat. The oozing and the burning. I went straight to work after I got back. And it's been stinging for the last few day so I looked at it closely. And I noticed these marks that look like scabs got picked off. I definitely know not to do that. Just wondering if anyone had any insight to my situation. I may be overreacting. Just hoping it heals right. I messaged the artist he said that it should take about 3 weeks to heal just wondering if the community had any info. imageproxy.php?img=&key=a107a9c0af395ecd

Image 1 taken immediately after session 

image 2 was taken at time of this post. 

IMG_4301.PNG

IMG_4307.JPG

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure some of the more experienced folks here will jump in, but I had two greatly different heals with my two tattoos. The first was easy with just normal itching and no scabbing. The second seemed to take longer to heal, had scabbing and more color loss, especially in reds and blues. I used the same healing regimen and they were both on my upper arms - one all black/gray and the other a mix of colors.

First, a full heal takes much more than 3 weeks but at that point you'll have a good idea of what it is going to look like. We all heal differently and there are many factors that affect our body's healing process. Finally, there are external factors like the clothing we wear, exposure to the sun, etc that can affect the healing. Did your clothing perhaps rub on the tattoo while you were working?

Let it heal and then go back to your artist in a few weeks. He will be able to guide you on the need for any touch up. Both of mine needed some light touch up and my body definitely reacted differently to red and blue inks than others.

On 4/17/2017 at 1:57 AM, Devious6 said:

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure some of the more experienced folks here will jump in, but I had two greatly different heals with my two tattoos. The first was easy with just normal itching and no scabbing. The second seemed to take longer to heal, had scabbing and more color loss, especially in reds and blues. I used the same healing regimen and they were both on my upper arms - one all black/gray and the other a mix of colors.

First, a full heal takes much more than 3 weeks but at that point you'll have a good idea of what it is going to look like. We all heal differently and there are many factors that affect our body's healing process. Finally, there are external factors like the clothing we wear, exposure to the sun, etc that can affect the healing. Did your clothing perhaps rub on the tattoo while you were working?

Let it heal and then go back to your artist in a few weeks. He will be able to guide you on the need for any touch up. Both of mine needed some light touch up and my body definitely reacted differently to red and blue inks than others.

Thank you very much. My pants were rubbing it. I got the tattoo in vegas so it's not the closest. But I recently took it into a local shop and asked the artist. He said the same. Just got let it heal its hasn't been 2 weeks. I got freaked