Tommy2016

Opinion on Healing tattoo

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone

 I got my first tattoo last Saturday and i am super happy with how it is turning out. However there is a part that is concerning me.The tattoo is of a pheonix and the tip of the wing around the bend of my elbow appears to be faded and not clear at all with a couple of scabs still on it. i did some research and i am worried that it might be scarred, i did not pick any of the scabs at all and this is the only part that really appears like this, i can only assume that maybe it may have been damaged when i bent my arm too hard or something.

 

I actually sent a picture of what i was concerned about to my artist and he said that it is healing fine but i am not too convinced. I am meeting him again soon but if this is scarring is this permanent or can it just be touched up later on?

 

thanks

Screenshot_2017-04-19-18-47-35.png

Edited by Tommy2016

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a tattoo last Saturday too and have some crunchy spots too. I'm not too worried about that and, even if it is a problem, there is nothing you can do about it until it heals. Keep the healing process going, don't scratch when it starts itching like a son of a bitch, and look at it again in a few weeks. Seems fine to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AverageJer said:

I got a tattoo last Saturday too and have some crunchy spots too. I'm not too worried about that and, even if it is a problem, there is nothing you can do about it until it heals. Keep the healing process going, don't scratch when it starts itching like a son of a bitch, and look at it again in a few weeks. Seems fine to me. 

Thanks for the reply, yea i know i should wait till it fully heals but im just worried that any damage done might be permanent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had some rough-healing tattoos that look just like this. It doesn't look infected. You can get it retouched if some of the color falls out. Don't worry about it unless it becomes purulent or hot to the touch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Devious6 said:

Is it just the picture or do I see some redness that spreads out from the upper edges? Any pain or warmth in the area?

The pain has gone away and it is sightly red but it is not infected.

1 hour ago, oboogie said:

I've had some rough-healing tattoos that look just like this. It doesn't look infected. You can get it retouched if some of the color falls out. Don't worry about it unless it becomes purulent or hot to the touch.

Yea im not worried about infections, how long do i have to genereally wait before getting it retouched?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Tommy2016 said:

The pain has gone away and it is sightly red but it is not infected.

Yea im not worried about infections, how long do i have to genereally wait before getting it retouched?

Wait until it is completely healed. Give it a couple of months at least (and actually you should wait longer).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had something similar where the corner of my first tattoo got blurred and it healed fine. Skin goes through trauma when you get tattooed so just let it heal like you normally would and it should be ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now