Take The Pain?

Freddie

16 hours ago, cfmartin67 said:

I was just going to quote Jack Rudy! I've been getting tattooed for 34 years, 160 times and probably 300 hours and I've never taken anything. Yes they hurt, but then again, they're supposed to. 

Its a cool article, hey sounds like a chilled out guy.
I'm very interested as to what the next one I get will feel like, now I have a reference point I can tell if the artist was heavy handed or something. And I will still give my honest experience because I think its more valuable as a forum contribution than a very tempting 'I am basically He-Man I didn't feel any pain' post lol

35 minutes ago, Freddie said:

Its a cool article, hey sounds like a chilled out guy.
I'm very interested as to what the next one I get will feel like, now I have a reference point I can tell if the artist was heavy handed or something. And I will still give my honest experience because I think its more valuable as a forum contribution than a very tempting 'I am basically He-Man I didn't feel any pain' post lol

They all hurt and we all feel them. It's just part of the experience.

It's been almost exactly 7 years since I got my last tattoo, so I honestly can't remember that well if it hurt or not. I know that the back (where I got my first one) hurt more than on my upper arm. Upper arm was a walk in the park as far as I recall. Now I'm getting my forearm done in august, and I've heard mixed opinions about that area. But I wouldn't even consider a numbing cream, the pain is part of the experience :11_blush: I kinda like the whole "earn your tattoos" thing too. 

@Freddie 3 hrs on the side of the pec / nipple / armpit / rib is F***ing savage. So I wouldn't get too hard on yourself. And judging from the tattoo you got there is a lot of lines overlay on lines and a big friggin area, so it's not like you got a break from the sharp sting of the liner by a big mag covering more surface area. OUch man.

You did it! Congrats on popping the tattoo cherry. 

And welcome to the world of being a degenerate unemployable filthy tattooed human being (joking haha).

• 4 weeks later...

I had a reaper done on my rib area 2 months ago. The 1st session, I was fine for it. I sat like the dead for it. I took 2 prescription percocets and I was good. Same formula for the 2nd session, only this one was painful as heck, good thing it only took an hour. Funny how 2 sessions with about the same conditions and I had different reactions.

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/05/2017 at 7:42 AM, bongsau said:

@Freddie 3 hrs on the side of the pec / nipple / armpit / rib is F***ing savage. So I wouldn't get too hard on yourself.

Thanks man :) is good to hear, it was painful but you soon forget how much it hurt and want more haha but I'm in no rush. After the full 5 hours I was ready to get the F*** out of there ?

When I got home I wanted to sink a few cold brews but my budding tattooist roommate at the time freaked out and wouldn't let me touch any booze, she reckons it's super bad, I disagreed but went along with her advice anyway, I just couldn't win that day! Haha

6 hours ago, Freddie said:

Thanks man :) is good to hear, it was painful but you soon forget how much it hurt and want more haha but I'm in no rush. After the full 5 hours I was ready to get the F*** out of there ?

When I got home I wanted to sink a few cold brews but my budding tattooist roommate at the time freaked out and wouldn't let me touch any booze, she reckons it's super bad, I disagreed but went along with her advice anyway, I just couldn't win that day! Haha

that first cold beer after a tattoo is the best one !

and............ LOL

20046422_1217315328372714_2751890633929351818_n.jpg

Edited by Dan

7 hours ago, Freddie said:

WHat!!!??? No alcohol???!!! That might be enough to make me swear off tattoos!!!!  NOT.