Happily joined the ranks of the decorated!

HawkMacLeod

Greetings! I just recently got my first tattoo (already planning on adding to it and getting more!) I'm thrilled to finally get my first one. I'm going to be 34 this year and have been wanting some for many years. 

Unfortunately, the reason for my first tattoo is a rather sad one. It's a memorial tattoo for my dad, who passed last August. But it was a big motivation to finally go and get it. Now, the floodgates have opened! 

tattoo.jpg

I live in Middle Georgia (USA). My tattoo was done by Ashlie Layne at Cherry Street Ink in Macon, Georgia. 

My dad worked for a company that makes zippers for over 20 years, hence the zipper. He also loved Hawai'i, so the interior was based off of a picture I took in 2013 when we went there on a trip. 

I am planning to add to it soon with this idea:

tattooaddon.jpg

Very good points, everyone. I may just take elements of the add-on and create a different tattoo later. If I can ever lose the weight I want and maybe get my arms in any decent kind of shape, I would like to do some work around there. Sadly I can't get a partial sleeve like I want.. 

But anyway, thank you for the advice!! 

16 hours ago, HawkMacLeod said:

Very good points, everyone. I may just take elements of the add-on and create a different tattoo later. If I can ever lose the weight I want and maybe get my arms in any decent kind of shape, I would like to do some work around there. Sadly I can't get a partial sleeve like I want.. 

But anyway, thank you for the advice!! 

yes,consider all the good advice,but remember one thing,it's on you,and you are the only one that really matters in the end.