Black ink looks faded after 2 weeks

cdurrant

Hi there this is my first tattoo and i am a little worried something is wrong with it. i had it done 2 weeks ago now, i haven't picked or scratched it but it looks faded almost like a pink/brown colour when it is meant to be black. is this normal?

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 22.11.21.png

Based on what I have read, tattoos will look a bit "cloudy" a few weeks into healing. That is the last layer of dead skin waiting to fall off. Under that, your body is growing new skin over the ink. It should clear up soon. I just hit 3 weeks with my first tattoo and it is at the "scaley" stage where it looks a bit crap. 

2 hours ago, cdurrant said:

Hi there this is my first tattoo and i am a little worried something is wrong with it. i had it done 2 weeks ago now, i haven't picked or scratched it but it looks faded almost like a pink/brown colour when it is meant to be black. is this normal?

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 22.11.21.png

so,just know that tattoos take around 6 months the fully heal if not longer.

and also remember that a tattoo will NEVER look the way it did the day it was done EVER again.

Edited by Dan

Welcome to the forum! Give it time to heal and then you can always talk with your artist at that point. I have a lot of heavy black on my first tattoo and it did require the artist to hit a few places where the saturation wasn't as uniform. But, as has been noted, they never look like they did immediately after they are first completed.

@cdurrant I agree with the others: it'll never look as bold as the day it was done, you can always get it touched up, but that if this is on like your wrist area that's skin that rejuvenates a lot, so it might never look "perfect." I'd also add that the precision of the comma part of the semicolon (whatever you call the dot with the loop) is really impressive, assuming it's as small as it looks.

So ultimately, if you'd like it touched up, fine, but I think it looks great as is.

Enjoy. And cheers.

8 hours ago, scottyg said:

@cdurrant I agree with the others: it'll never look as bold as the day it was done, you can always get it touched up, but that if this is on like your wrist area that's skin that rejuvenates a lot, so it might never look "perfect." I'd also add that the precision of the comma part of the semicolon (whatever you call the dot with the loop) is really impressive, assuming it's as small as it looks.

So ultimately, if you'd like it touched up, fine, but I think it looks great as is.

Enjoy. And cheers.

friendly advice,

but a touch up on a 2mm tattoo ?

in 6 months it's going to look like a couple freckles anyway.