Sign in to follow this  
Sgirl

Uneven Tattoo. Please Help

I got this tattoo 2 days ago and the lines are so uneven! Is it even possible to fix? 

When he had the sketch printed on my skin he said that the lines will be a lot straighter, that it was just a rough sketch but that wasn't true because the lines did not come out even after.

I had a look at his portfolio before getting my tattoo and everything looked perfect but my tattoo came out so much worse.

When I left the studio it looked ok but I didn't really notice how wonky the lines are until today. 

Is there anything I can do? Should I go back and tell him it wasn't done correctly? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

IMG_6170.JPG

IMG_6134.JPG

Edited by Sgirl
Made a mistake.

10 hours ago, Sgirl said:

Is there anything I can do? Should I go back and tell him it wasn't done correctly? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

The lines are far from perfect but it's not the end of the world. Part of the issue is the design is very open and straightforward which doesn't easily hide imperfections. You could colour it in? I'd just leave it... Give it a few weeks to settle under the skin and get used to the imperfections. All tattoos have them. I have a bird with one leg. Oops!

It's in the skin now. This is part of the risk of every tattoo you make on the body. Not just the design but who you select to make it for you.

What are you going to do? Walk into the shop and tell him he's an idiot that can't pull a straight line? Not sure what you'd expect to gain from that aside from some return-fire insults and a kick in the ass out the door. Just don't go back for another tattoo from the same person. 

I've definitely seen worse. I don't really trust most artists with geometric stuff like this because it's so prone to human error. Tattoos are handmade, there's always going to be mistakes. This isn't anything worth sweating over, imo. You could have someone else thicken the lines throughout the whole thing...is that really worth it though? Most people aren't going to stare as closely at your tattoo as you will, so most people probably won't even notice.

I think that some color would make those imperfections a non-issue. You're seeing them because there isn't anything else to catch you're eye....
My first tattoo was very much like that. I went to have it fixed years later by another artist and he redid the lines and once he added color you really don't dwell on those little things.