Tattoo silhouette and negative space

Kev

I'm glad you resurrected it because the whole thread was a good read and perfect timing regarding what I have being doing and thinking about with my left leg.

Same here. My right leg sleeve is starting to take shape, but my left leg currently has only one and I'm looking to collect various tattoos there that I've always wanted. The negative space is part of the plan and this thread enforces how good that can work.

The addiction grows stronger every day!

• 1 month later...

hey guys,

first post and this one is important to me!

i was hoping to grab some advice. started my sleeve out a few years back with the intention of only having one half sleeve.... yea fucking right: now obviously i want to sleeve up on both arms. but i feel like i have concentrated way too much on that one area, i am bare everywhere else on that arm and totally naked on my right arm. i also feel like i've sort of closed up the left sleeve with those smaller tattoos towards the bottom.

do ya'll have any advice for my next piece to make everything breath better? do ya think that arm too cramped or that i can still make it work? i don't wanna be screwed over by poor early tattoo decisions.

in terms of the work i still love them all: been tattooed by dobleman, josh stephens and ivan antonyshev. i actually have an apt w paul nobleman in november so id love to get some ideas for an area to balance things out. thanks a ton! :cool: :cool: :cool:

@dirbab --- love your arms. would love some words of wisdom.

photo_on_10-9-15_at_7.16_pm_3_thumb.jpg

photo_on_10-9-15_at_7.16_pm_2_thumb.jpg

photo_on_10-9-15_at_7.16_pm_thumb.jpg

Maybe you'll feel better with a nice big tattoo on that empty inner bicep? :) I'm not a tattooer and am no expert at placement, but it jumped out to me; there's so much you could do with a space that size.

Alternately: I had an awkward spot on the back of my arm, so I got tattooed elsewhere, stopped thinking about that spot, and came back to it later. It helped.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...