Day 5- is my tattoo healing properly?

sphinxbit

Hi all,

So this is my first color tattoo, my 5th total, but the largest of them all on my thigh. I've been using  Aquaphor and properly washing it twice daily. 

But it's still warm to the touch at times  and sore. It also sometimes stings, like I can feel my leg hair growing in and smells like a sour towel.  Should I be concerned and is it because of where it's at?

I don't think it's infected but the warmth and the occasional sting has me scratching my head. 

Helpful answers are appreciated 

IMG_9376.JPG

May 18th - everything is normal except for the wet towel smell. 

Move been letting it air dry completely for about 30min and then put the  Aquaphor on and now that faint smell is back. 

I just contacted me artist about it and am waiting on a response. 

I have very sensitive skin and the DR said the ointment may also be a bad batch. But now everything is normal after switching products. 

There have been other cases in the past few months with the same issue with the  Aquaphor.

My healing process is normal and the scanning from the yellow ink is also normal it's just my skin sensitivity. 

Thank you you all for the help