New tattoo looks faded

felipecatz

Hey hows it going, its my first post and i specifically joined this forum in order to ask the tattoo community what they think of my situation. So exactly a week ago, whilst on vacation in canada, i decided to get another tatto, i already have two but they are very small, this one was my first larger and more intricate piece. Once i got the tattoo, the artist told me to wash it with unscented soap, and to not put anything on it until three days after, something that seemed kind of weird to me as it appeared to be a long time, after the three days he told me i should put on coconut oil. So i did as he said, however, when i got back to my country two days later, as i couldnt find any coconut oil i put on some cream which had been recomended to me by my other artists and worked fine before, its a moisturizing cream called dermaglos, it has vitamin a, vitamin e, and allantoin.  Ive been doing as he said, the lines seem to be healing perfectly, the problem is that the solid black sky looks faded and milky, i know its only still healing but i dont think that will really change anything. Ive added a photo of one of my other tattoos, it has a black filling and i thought it would be useful to compare two tattoos that are under the same light. Unfortunately, as i said, i was on a trip therefore i cant go back to the artist, im almost certain im going to get a touch up in july however im kinda pissed because its going to cost me more money as its a different atist and i doubt theyll do charity work. I just wanted your thoughts and opinions on the matter, and wanted to see if you had any tips or recomendations.

IMG_3400.JPG

IMG_3401.JPG

IMG_3402.JPG

At least from the pictures it looks just like mine did at that phase. For me at least, the edges healed faster than the middle in larger solid black areas. As long as it's not infected, give it at least a month from the date of your appointment to decide whether to worry.

Side note: for me, those black shiny bits came off in big pieces like a sunburn. You probably already know this, but since you're worried about healing evenly - don't pick at the loose bits!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, jaimilyn said:

At least from the pictures it looks just like mine did at that phase. For me at least, the edges healed faster than the middle in larger solid black areas. As long as it's not infected, give it at least a month from the date of your appointment to decide whether to worry.

Side note: for me, those black shiny bits came off in big pieces like a sunburn. You probably already know this, but since you're worried about healing evenly - don't pick at the loose bits!

Thanks for the reassurance, of course i havent been picking and am being very careful when washing it. The edge did start heling sooner and now about half of the solid black pieces has healed, however it still looks kind of fded, ill do as you said and let it heal completly before deciding, still im pretty positive im going to get a touch up as i would like it to be darker, thanks for replying tho, how does yours look now? is it still kinda faded or has the color set a bit more?

PS: i know tattoos never look as bright and dark as when they are just finished, still this looks more faded than it should in my opinion

Here's a side-by-side of my first tattoo about a week into healing (it was so icky then...) and today, two and a half months after I got it. The pupil of the eye took what felt like forever to heal - I am not a patient person. The color is now a perfect even color. Next to the new tattoo I got today it's slightly faded, but in two months they'll both match.

3127288d2f4e6cf2c56da47531687e4a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Update: So my tattoo is much more healed, the scabs are no longer there, however as i expected it came out kinda faded, not as milky as before but still not as black as id like. I dont know why this happened, i did everything i was told but oh well. I gess im gonna get the sky retouched in july, im just still kinda annoyed that ill have to do so. Thanks everyone for the help and concern, i guess ill show it to you again once i do the touch up

IMG_3586.JPG

IMG_3587.JPG

• 3 years later...
On 5/25/2017 at 4:46 AM, jaimilyn said:

Here's a side-by-side of my first tattoo about a week into healing (it was so icky then...) and today, two and a half months after I got it. The pupil of the eye took what felt like forever to heal - I am not a patient person. The color is now a perfect even color. Next to the new tattoo I got today it's slightly faded, but in two months they'll both match.

3127288d2f4e6cf2c56da47531687e4a.jpg

Just out of interest, did any of your solid black areas have patches of white skin after it had peeled off, when it was healing? Thanks.