Hi

MrToast

Hi all,

New here, from Manchester Uk

New to tattoos 

i got got a new tatto about two weeks ago, black lettering, it has since started to look green/blue and feel raised, is this normal?

thanks 

peace

Edited by MrToast

Thanks for the advice guys, I'm still not convinced things are right,

The tattoo feels really raised and bumpy, the picture doesn't really show the colour, could it just be scabbing?

If so how long could the scabs last for?

The reason I feel something is not right is my friend had a tattoo the same day by the same artists using the same ink, there's is healed and still looks black and mine looks blue/green

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And, if you truly think something is wrong, it is always best to go see your artist. It may just be that you are using too much lotion on it. From your pictures, it looks fine. Still, go see your artist if you want/need confirmation.

Thanks, I may pop down at the weekend

Hi guys,

I haven't been able to get to the shop yet as I have been really busy

I'm just looking for another opinion or maybe you guys still think this is normal

The tattoo is now two weeks and one day old, and I'm still not convinced it's 100%

In fairness it could be my lack of knowledge and everything is ok, I have tried to take a pic the best I can

a9d76bf555f2e1c2858760455e64fc7c.jpg

This next pic is of a tattoo I had a week ago and in my opinion there is a massive difference in appearance

a77ea42707b05416b0054821c8ea9e6b.jpg

I do appreciate your feedback guys as you are obviously more experienced than I am

Hey dude! Looking at your most recent pictures, it looks like (in my opinion) pretty standard for the peeling stage, which  for me lasts 2-3 weeks (!) depending on the size of the tattoo. It'll look different to your newer one, because your newer one hasn't quite gotten to the scabbing/peeling stage. Personally my tattoos don't get their final "look" until four weeks after I have them done. So my advice would be to wait, keep on looking after it, and calm down!

Of course, your artist is the person to look to, more than someone on the internet. If it will make you feel better I would recommend going into seeing them and what they say. In my opinion though, you're just peeling and it's totally normal! It won't last forever, promise. :) 

• 2 weeks later...

It's a bendy place with thin skin. I personally wouldn't put something as structured as text in that spot, but yours is NOT bad. It will spread out over time to some extent. Don't freak out. That's just what tattoos do.

I don't have any perfect tattoos if you REALLY zoom in on them, but only very very rarely is anyone that close to my tattooed skin. The best way to distract the eye is more tattoos :)