Brown color on green tattoo?

Erunei

Hello! :12_slight_smile:

So, my tattoo has some reddish brown areas on parts that are supposed to only have green. These brown areas were there the day the tattoo was done and they are still there 5 weeks later, not seeming to go anywhere. I'm puzzled how can there be red hues on this area? What is the red? And why is it there? I tried mailing my artist, but her responses make no sense. Anyone here know what is going on? And how likely is it that even those areas can still be turned green?

brown areas.png

Occam's Razor says: she put some brown in it. 

It would need to be recolored to make it all green. Which honestly seems like a lot of trouble to go through for a less realistic result. Leaves sometimes have other colors in them and her putting some brown in adds more depth to the piece. I would leave it but if you really hate it, let it settle in some more before you get her or someone else to touch it up.

Plenty of plants have green leaves, so does the one my leaves were modelled after, tilia. I wanted beautiful, healthy, green leaves. To me the brown looks like there's still blood in my skin.

I mailed the studio, they say there is brownish green color on my tattoo. I guess that means my artist really did put it there. I don't know what to do with touch-ups if I can't trust this artist but can't get them done free by anyone else. The tattoo's on my back, so I can't even see what the tattooer is doing. F***. So not happy with her.

You're last sentence of you're op says "And how likely is it that even those areas can still be turned green?"
So you do want peoples opinions on it. We all know that tattoos don't change colors all by themselves. People that don't want opinions on things don't post to forums. When you post things like this you essentially are asking people to take time from their lives to respond and attempt to help someone out with whatever the post is about. Then when everyone tells you that you're tattoo looks great as is, and you post that you're still not happy....that leave you with 2 choices...live with it or get it colored how you want it. But please don't waste our time with additional complaining.

I asked for information, not whether you people here like leaves green or green and brown. I did not ask anyone to take their time to tell their opinion about the color, and even if I did, it's still everyone's own choice whether they take that time or not. That question you quoted tells I want the areas green. But I don't know how well the brown can be covered with green ink, as I have no experience or knowledge on this. Like can the area still be turned green or will some brown always show through. And if the brown was blood or something and the brown is there because my skin is weird, then how would that be likely to affect the outcome of touch-ups.

And weird things happen to tattoos, including some color changes sometimes. Artists tattooing something they were not supposed to shouldn't be a norm, either.

3 hours ago, Erunei said:

I asked for information, not whether you people here like leaves green or green and brown. I did not ask anyone to take their time to tell their opinion about the color, and even if I did, it's still everyone's own choice whether they take that time or not. That question you quoted tells I want the areas green. But I don't know how well the brown can be covered with green ink, as I have no experience or knowledge on this. Like can the area still be turned green or will some brown always show through. And if the brown was blood or something and the brown is there because my skin is weird, then how would that be likely to affect the outcome of touch-ups.

And weird things happen to tattoos, including some color changes sometimes. Artists tattooing something they were not supposed to shouldn't be a norm, either.

https://www.quora.com/What-color-does-the-combination-of-brown-and-green-make

4 hours ago, gtrjunior said:

You're last sentence of you're op says "And how likely is it that even those areas can still be turned green?"
So you do want peoples opinions on it. We all know that tattoos don't change colors all by themselves. People that don't want opinions on things don't post to forums. When you post things like this you essentially are asking people to take time from their lives to respond and attempt to help someone out with whatever the post is about. Then when everyone tells you that you're tattoo looks great as is, and you post that you're still not happy....that leave you with 2 choices...live with it or get it colored how you want it. But please don't waste our time with additional complaining.

@gtrjunior, well said.

Edited by oboogie