Sign in to follow this  
jgoxy92x

Greetings and Salutations!

Hey everyone!  I'm Julian, 24 years old from Argentina, but raised in the sunshine state of Florida. I've been loving tattoos for as long as I could remember, so I thought it'd be great to be a part of this great community.  My love for tattoo started due to me being part of the punk/skateboarding culture growing up, so seeing all these designs on people's bodies inspired to wanna do the same.  My first tattoo was in 2015, a phoenix with an eye on top of it.  The phoenix represented me rising from the ashes, or in other words depression.  The eye comes from the show Aeon Flux.  So far, I have both halves of my arms filled (well, almost), and I'm really happy with the way they came out, but I'd like to hear suggestions from the people here on how I can improve their designs.

I'm not too happy with the color of the phoenix, as I feel its way too light colored compared to the rose that's underneath it.  What color would you guys suggest?  I ask this since I plan on recoloring it pretty soon.  Also, in the arm that has a tattoo, there's a pretty big space where the birds are flying.  What do you suggest I put to kinda fill the cover.  Sorry, if I'm not clear on it, it's hard to explain.

20170529_212109.jpg

20170601_005705.jpg

20170601_005716.jpg

20170601_011435.jpg

20170601_010226.jpg

20170601_010216.jpg

20170601_011426.jpg

Edited by jgoxy92x

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Thanks @Fig1996! honestly I think I’d probably hate if everyone in met asked me about or commented on it too! Haha grass is always greener I suppose! What was your first piece? Is it posted anywhere on here?
    • I like your tattoo a lot! And what a cool and original idea to go with your childhood home! I at least haven't heard of that idea before, so I really like it. I always like me some original and creative ideas. 🙂 As for your question, I've worked as a supervisor in retail for 7 years and therefore had to deal with customers a lot. The moment I got my first forearm tattoo, I got a LOT of customers asking about it. They all told me they really liked it, and one even told me she wanted to get one exactly like mine, and I even had older customers who were super grumpy about tattoos be like "I do like yours" LOL. Then I got another forearm tattoo, though higher up on my forearm, on my right arm and I never once had any customer or even colleague ask about that one. I love that tattoo just as much as the other if not more, and, like @Dan, I'm completely fine with that too. I know this tattoo looks good and professional; and that it fits me well, and I don't really need anyone else validating that because what really matters is what I think when I see it, and I like it.  Frankly, the sheer amount of comments I got about my first tattoo kind of daunted me. Of course, I knew what I was getting into when I got it tattooed so I never resented anyone for asking about it either, but when you get comments like "but what does it REALLY mean?" "what is the deeper meaning behind it???" daily, it does get old pretty quick. 😅
    • I personally really don't think it has to be weird at all. I'd just approach an artist whose work you like and who you feel like you can trust, and then they'll tell you whether they want to take on your task or not. I really think there'd be quite some artists out there who would be willing to take that on. Long as you're not asking them to finish tattoos others worked on/started, which I don't see being an impossible task either but which probably would put them in a much more difficult position given the differences in style as opposed to their own they'd have to work with, I don't really see many issues with this.  I think in most cases the best thing is to just approach and ask! 🙂
  • Last Sparrow Tattoo Sponsors

• Topics

• Blog Entries