Forearm tattoo on super skinny guy

MrToast

Hi all,

Ok yep I'm a super skinny guy, never been able to put weight on and never will, I'm pretty happy with that, after all it's the way I am and I accept that

I have been considering getting my forearm done, quarter sleeve, I'm just wondering what people's opinions are of skinny guys with sleeves?

Would a good artist be able to make a sleeve look good on such a small canvas?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[mention=26790]MrToast[/mention] Dude, I don't think anyone has opinions about skinny guys with tattoos other than if you rock it it'll look great. You sound really self conscious, but the tattoo will be empowering.
Yes, I think part of being a good tattooer is bringing out the strengths of the canvas.
Good Luck.

Thanks, I have already had a consultation and am booked in for August

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 14.07.2017 at 1:00 AM, Pxander said:

It doesnt matter whether you are skinny or shredded. Tattoos are the most empowering/interesting art form there ever was and will ever be. 

Go for it and post a pic when you get it man!

good luck

Exactly!

And yeah, post a pic, other skinny guys shoud see, tattoos are great for everyone!

Alot of people are saying tattoos can be empowering, and I can vouch for that. 2 days ago I got almost my whole inner forearm done, and I absolutely love the tattoo. 

I have been somewhat insecure my whole life, worse when I was a kid than now, but it's still lurking in the back of my head from time to time. And I'm already feeling the effect of this piece. I don't necessarily enjoy being the center of attention, but 3-4 times complete strangers have stopped me on the street and complementing me on the tattoo. Which honestly I have to admit, it feels great! Tattoos are a great way to express yourself, but think about the design for a while before you get it inked. Good luck!

I can't wait to see it! :)

I think that tattoos fit almost everyone in every part. And I never had or seen anyone who had bad opinions on big tattoos on skinny people! Most importantly, the tattoo artist has to manage to make the best out of the designs and your skin.

I'm 80kg and 1m80 and my legs aren't really skinny but my tattoo artist (who's only 19!) managed to make my right leg awesome in proportions sizes colors and such!

While I'm way skinnier on the above, and on my arms we had (with two different artists) to be careful but everything turned out to be perfect and proportioned in size shape and color. I really think that it's only a matter of the artist and you, anyone can be beautifully tattooed in every part of his body and no one will have bad opinions about this!

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I have pretty skinny arms and was worried about whether I'd end up with massively wrapping designs that wouldn't read well but just chose an artist I trusted, let her do her thing with the design and all came out great. As others have said, the key is just in going to someone who you can trust and going for it. Good luck!

• 2 months later...

People are answering this question in ENTIRELY the wrong way.. It is not about how insecure the OP is.. the OP wants to know if his tattoo will look good on a small canvas, and nobody answered the question.

I actually have the same question.. I have a disabled arm with 0 fat and 0 muscle that I intend to get sleeved, and I would like to know if designs will get overly wrapped, and know that small surface areas can result in great tattoos as much as larger areas.

But, in response to OP: I have a half-sleeve(ish) on my other arm and I'm a very skinny guy... it looks fine. my dragon looks fully sized, so does the wolf.. though, my bicep is a lot bigger than a wrist is. But, discuss it with your artist. If you don't like the sketch, don't get it. 

• 2 months later...