Opinion please.

Dubibubi

18 hours ago, Dubibubi said:

Because it is 4 different tattos but will be in one arm. 

They're too close together right now to read as 4 separate tattoos, they just look like one big messy tattoo. I would say either eliminate some aspects of the design so it's more simplified or spread the tattoos out more, maybe with some filler designs, so they look like they're meant to be separate. 

Assuming the sugar skull will be in normal bicep placement, the girl/mirror/devil bit will be spread over the elbow which isn't great portrait space. If it were me and I had to keep only these elements, I'd keep the sugar skull on bicep but swap the anchor and portrait size and placement. (Or move the anchor to the opposite side of forearm or somewhere else all together?) That way the portrait on the forearm can use a larger non-bendy area of skin. I'm a big fan of black/grey realism roses as background filler, so if it were me planning my own design, I'd have the other pieces done first and end with the roses tying it all together.

But all we can do is suggest and make points you may not have considered. At the end of the day, your money, your skin, your choice :) Gook luck, looking forward to seeing it finished!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want to get a big piece, why don't you go for a big composed piece, instead of what looks like four one-shot tattoos?  I have both - one arm is a bunch of stickers, and one arm is one complete tattoo, and I like both, but I'd not try to put on a bunch of flash sized bangers all at once.

They are too close together right now. They either need space or flow.

Maybe i will delete anchor?p d like have few tattos only in arms and i must use all free space. Why everyone tell me that tattos its too close ? For me thats look nice. What do you think about such as this tattos? 

7bc2b01dccf25ba0bb8354faf52a6183.jpg

Edited by Dubibubi

Composition - those appear to have been done in the same style, probably by the same artist, and not over a very long period of time. The line weight and color values blend the separate pieces into a cohesive whole. Even that example has filler leaves, bubbles, and drops.

Your pieces go in four distinct directions, so they don't have *something* that makes them flow. Four separate pieces with nothing to tie them together need more space. Tim Beck told me it is preferred to keep a thumb width between tattoos of different styles.

Edited by Tornado7

The pictured leg has more negative space than your design does. They really look like separate tattoos that have been tied together with filler. Also, in the traditional style, people tend to get one or two tattoos and then build off of that with whatever negative space they're left with. Example: "I have this triangular shape in between these two tattoos, maybe I could fill it with a tiger head." I would say get one of the designs somewhere on your arm and then build it from there. It's more fun that way. If you do insist on planning a sleeve out, then go to an artist to help you plan out what should go where, because the composition of this doesn't work.