Two tipping questions

Tornado7

Posting here because they're probably n00b questions :)

1) Tip on a barter? I have something for sale locally, and I was approached by a tattoo artist about it. I KNOW him, and he's already tattooed me (the unicycle fish), so I am not in danger of getting a scratcher special. I didn't seek to barter for a tattoo. My item is of a slightly greater value than the value of the tattoo, so he is going to give me the balance in cash. So do I tip? I wouldn't expect a tip if I was providing a service in this instance.

2) Tip on a touch up? I had some red accents fall out in a recent tattoo (the hard work horseshoe). It just needs to be filled in a little, and the rest of the piece is very solid. I tipped on the full value when it was done initially, and the touch up is free.

I like both of these artists, and I'd go back to them for more work, so I wanna do it right.

• 8 months later...

When my artist does touch ups. I don't pay the usual hourly fee but I enjoy tipping and presenting gifts. Concert tickets, paper towels, bactine,  & monster drinks are always cool. When working on a larger piece the idea of one and done dont apply. Waiting 30 days in between sessions allows my old skin to heal and the artist to see small details he would like to improve on.  The process and the journey are great when you know the shop staff and your artist. As with most things in life..a little courtesy goes a long way.

• 6 months later...