Tattoo Question

Hobbit93

Okay, so I have 10 tattoos, and none of them had done this, so I'm wondering if anyone on here can help me out on this. I got my latest tattoo almost a week ago (6/3/17) and it went fine. A couple days later it started to peal as usual, but then it started to scab up in a certain area. The scabbing is pretty heavy and it's accompanied with redness, arm pain from my wrist to my shoulder (tattoo located on outer forearm), and it's warm to the touch. it had some drainage under the scabs but not leaking otherwise. Is this normal? Infected? Artist overworked the area? I want to get some opinions before I make the trip to the artist to complain and find out it's nothing.

IMG_2896.JPG

just looks like irritation and scabs from pounding in a lot of ink in a small area with a heavy hand. i'd give it a few more weeks, i'm sure the scabs will eventually settle down. i've had tattoos look way worse when (dry) healing and they've turned out just fine. sometimes they heal like butter, sometimes the healing is more painful than getting the tattoo made.

what are you applying to the tattoo during the healing? sometimes ointments and lotions can irritate the skin. think about it...would you put lubriderm on a cut?