Thigh tattoo for a man and Tupac tattoo for it

Tupac36

Hey, guys! first post here. I'm a die hard Tupac fan I'm talking like I've cried listing to his music, all my backgrounds are Tupac etc. I want to get a pretty big Tupac portrait, of him sitting in a convertible Cadillac, throwing up west side with him lifting his shirt and revealing his thug life tattoo, behind him would be some LA stuff with the Hollywood hills behind with "Outlawz" replacing the hollywood sign. A- do you think that is too much for a tattoo, B- any suggestions on where do get such a piece? I was thinking my thigh so I could cover it and in case 30 years down the road I don't like Pac anymore, and  I'm a crazy Tupac fan, but  I don't know if I want it showing all the time. C- I'm a guy and my friends tell me thigh tattoos are "gay" and only for girls, I don't think so, I'm not making decisions based on their opinions but I would like to get opinions from more experienced people, who aren't 20 years olds, I also probably won't get it for another year and half the guy who I want to do it is booked until 2018 I have a lot of time. Thanks to anyone who submits!

4Mow9sHgo18 (1).jpg

a = not as long as the tattoo is huge. that's a lot of image, and for any detail at all - it's going to have to be massive.

b = your complete back or torso

c = you're friends sound homophobic. or redneck. 

last trick is going to find the right artist, otherwise you are going to end up wanting to hide it. 

12 minutes ago, SStu said:

a = not as long as the tattoo is huge. that's a lot of image, and for any detail at all - it's going to have to be massive.

b = your complete back or torso

c = you're friends sound homophobic. or redneck. 

last trick is going to find the right artist, otherwise you are going to end up wanting to hide it. 

Yea iIknow it's going to be a huge tattoo, that's why I was thinking my whole thigh so I could show people and hide it. My friend told me to get it on my back. Yea I don't think he was meaning gay like actually being gay, more of that's gay dude like girls get tattoos there. Thanks for the response.

44 minutes ago, Tupac36 said:

Yea iIknow it's going to be a huge tattoo, that's why I was thinking my whole thigh so I could show people and hide it. My friend told me to get it on my back. Yea I don't think he was meaning gay like actually being gay, more of that's gay dude like girls get tattoos there. Thanks for the response.

Your thigh isn't big enough, and it won't look right wrapping around. Back or chest.

If you simplified a little and edited it some so the shape would be more long and narrow (the car in the picture you used is more horizontal and doesn't fit the thigh shape), the thigh could work. But if you insist on all that detail, nope. Really needs to be a backpiece if you want all that imagery to read clearly.

Also:

2 hours ago, Tupac36 said:

I was thinking my thigh so I could cover it and in case 30 years down the road I don't like Pac anymore

If there's any chance you'll regret this later, does it really matter where you get the tattoo? It's still on your body forever. If you're already having doubts before you even get the tattoo, maybe that's your gut saying it isn't right for you.

I like it. The good thing about choosing a dead celebrity for a portrait is that it's much harder for them to embarrass you later. For a panoramic piece like this I'd also say it'd be best on your chest or back. It'll be framed better and won't have to wrap like a thigh piece would.

Your friends who called a thigh tattoo on a man "gay" are homophobes who don't get it. Let us know what you end up doing. 

2 hours ago, SStu said:

His portrait alone, without the car and background would fit nicely on your thigh - and wouldn't be such a commitment of space/money for an ideal that may not be as important to you 20 years from now. 

Just his face and doo rag - a very iconic and readable image, and a great size for a thigh.

17 hours ago, Synesthesia said:

If you simplified a little and edited it some so the shape would be more long and narrow (the car in the picture you used is more horizontal and doesn't fit the thigh shape), the thigh could work. But if you insist on all that detail, nope. Really needs to be a backpiece if you want all that imagery to read clearly.

Also:

If there's any chance you'll regret this later, does it really matter where you get the tattoo? It's still on your body forever. If you're already having doubts before you even get the tattoo, maybe that's your gut saying it isn't right for you.

yea I would be fine simplifying it, just as long as Tupac looks like Tupac id be fine, I don't know if it's so much as regretting it more then maybe feeling dumb in 20 years to take my shirt off, I thought thigh so I could always hide it, even if I hated it I would only see it naked, and yeah that could be the case, the guy who I want to do it won't take appointments till 2018 so its 6 months till I can make an appointment so I still have a year or so till I could get it.

15 hours ago, zetroc said:

I like it. The good thing about choosing a dead celebrity for a portrait is that it's much harder for them to embarrass you later. For a panoramic piece like this I'd also say it'd be best on your chest or back. It'll be framed better and won't have to wrap like a thigh piece would.

Your friends who called a thigh tattoo on a man "gay" are homophobes who don't get it. Let us know what you end up doing. 

okay yeah I was also thinking back it just sucks not being able to see it, I'm not a huge fan of chest tattoos, to be honest, i don't like how they look. I will definitely let you know, the guy isn't accepting appointments until 2018 so I have a year or so to go, I just think about it 24/7 and want everything worked out so I know what I'm getting and can really let it sink in

3 hours ago, SStu said:

His portrait alone, without the car and background would fit nicely on your thigh - and wouldn't be such a commitment of space/money for an ideal that may not be as important to you 20 years from now. 

Yea that would work too I have a pretty cool picture of someone who got it, I just love when Tupac throws west side up, gives me chills. I would prefer a full body but as addicted as I am to Tupac i would take just the name.

FullSizeRender.jpg

21 hours ago, SStu said:
1 hour ago, Tornado7 said:

Just his face and doo rag - a very iconic and readable image, and a great size for a thigh.

Yea the picture i posted it would look real good, i incorporate some other rap artist to 

37 minutes ago, bongsau said:

TuPac backpiece with all the elements and details...go big or go home !87e350f83d267ce55982f6eaf0b0ba0b.jpg

haha, that's not a bad one, way too big for me. I don't have much ink just 4, half my forearm with roses a small diamond on my bottom bicep and a swallow on upper chest and 6 inch key on my side. I'm not sure how much I wanna be inked so that's a huge thing.