Helloooo from Slovakia - help with calf theme please

hvozdik

Hi guys, nice to be here :) I got stuck with my first calf tattoo and was hoping someone could help me with an idea how to continue. My story is, I wanted a Dove with sun, some trees and natural theme to put on whole calf. Without any filling or colors, just lines :) When we were thinking with an artist, we spent several hours and I've decided it will be better to quit that day to not make a mistake :) Now I'm a bit frustrated what to do - i know it was a mistake to go for it without any exact ideas. What do you think, how to complete this around the whole calf?

I was thinking about some fileds / paper plane / patterns to fill an empty places and stay in "natural" topic

All ideas would be much appreciated! :)

Martin

4.jpg

2 hours ago, hvozdik said:

I wanted a Dove with sun, some trees and natural theme to put on whole calf. Without any filling or colors, just lines

idk looks like you got what you asked for ?

i think it looks cool and minimalist. we often make the mistake of wanting a full area filled in - prioritizing ink coverage over subject matter. looks like you got a couple nice open spaces to put in different tattoos, ideas are endless and they don't all have to blend. i like it when different styles and subjects melt together, it looks interesting. you can put some b&g roses, traditional tattoo designs, add some colour, cool japanese style tattoo to fill in the space, a snake, and and and...

i would do some research and find some illustrative woodblock print references for ideas. don't need to rush, take your time until you find the idea that 'sticks'.